Pennsylvania-Central

Wedding Reception and Venue rental for around $1000?

I did some research in the Lancaster area on venue rentals that allow weddings and the reception at the same place.  I have to say I really couldn't find anything at this price point for 75 people.  I know a lot of municipal buildings, VFW's and the such are cheap but I wasn't looking to go THAT cheap.  I'd prefer to get married outdoors.  I know who I want to cater, but it isn't saving me a thing to have someone cater unless I can find a less expensive venue.  

I'm not weird about talking $ but a lot of folks won't discuss this subject in actuals and I've found the phrase "affordable" isn't the same for all.  If your not comfortable with public specifics please PM me.  

Perhaps I need to haggle more?  I know this tends to work for food service but I'm not as confident it will work when trying to book a venue.

Re: Wedding Reception and Venue rental for around $1000?

• edited December 2011
    Try Chickies Rock Park. Super cheap, outdoors, beautiful view, convenient parking, pretty gazebo...

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Breezy View Park(Chickies). It is absolutely beautiful there and not expensive at all. You will need to provide your own chairs. Our reception is at The Gathering Place in Mount Joy. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try checking out Perfect Settings in Columbia, PA. We looked there but our guest list would've been too crowded in the space.  We looked at Breezy View for the ceremony (only 5 minutes from Perfect Settings) or there is an outdoor gazebo in a park a few blocks up the street.  Daizey was very nice and she also offers planning services.  I would check out their website and her blog.

http://www.perfectsettings.net/about-us/

I have her pricing info, but not with me.  I'll try to remember to post it later.

HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My finace and I are looking at using the gazebo in Columbia on Locust $10.  We have to wait until January to book it, but being its on a friday we were told that it shouldn't be a problem.  As far as reception we are looking at a VFW.  We have a small budget of $3,000 and probably looking at no more than 80 guests, and have found it very hard and challenging to find things to fit in our budget.  We are doing a lot of do it ourselves projects and buying things on sale now or craigslist.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for the feedback.  I am slated to have my wedding and reception at the Eicher Arts Center.  I did check out Chickies and Perfect Settings though.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Mulberry Arts Studio in Lancaster, super cute and romantic setting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards