Catholic Weddings

*threepinkroses*

Hi,

Saw your response in the other thread and just figured I'd start a new one.

The Ketubah is a Jewish marriage license, required by Jewish law. Our Ketubah quotes the Old Testament and states our legal and religious requirements to one another. The wording of each Ketubah reflects the level of observance/personal life specifics for the couple... ie Orthodox, Conservative, inter-faith, same-sex etc. It is signed before the actual ceremony by 2 Jewish guests, the bride and groom and the rabbi/ cantor.

When my parents were married it was a simple piece of paper, all in Hebrew. Now they are considered works of art.

Here's ours:
http://www.galleryjudaica.com/Product.aspx?product=833

Re: *threepinkroses*

• edited December 2011
    My brother married a Jewish woman and the signing of the Ketubah was a really neat ceremony that the wedding party and family took part in. Their Ketubah was HUGE, very colorful, and a work of art for sure. They have it up in their house.
  • edited December 2011
    So this is the text that I found that I loved. While I know I can't integrate it into my ceremony the way it is done in the Jewish tradition, I like the idea of it hanging in our home to remind us of our love and the promises we make to each other. I do a lot of sewing and embroidery, so I'm going to cross stitch it and it will be a keepsake for our home.

On this day of great celebration and joy,
    on the twenty-ninth  day of May in the year two thousand eleven, Jean Vincent P***** and Stephanie Rose D***spoke the words and performed the rites which united their lives and affirmed their love. 

Our lives, together, are nourished by the truth that genuine friendship is the source of vibrant and everlasting love. We promise to be honest and gentle, anticipating our milestones,celebrating our successes, honoring our uniqueness andstriving to paint the future with confident strokes of kindness.  

Our love, forever, will be an inspiration to family, friends, and others who are, or will be in love. We are Trust’s honoredcaretakers, and we will delight in an elegant freedomborne from mutual respect. 

Our laughter, sparkling, is our song.
    It’s melody will fill our home and color our memories.  

We will remember why we fell in love.  

Our sacred covenant is valid and binding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards