Catholic Weddings
Options

Easter time wedding help!

Hello ladies,

I am getting married April 30th 2011 ( the saturday after Easter) and was wondering if anyone got Married around easter time.

if so; did you make your readings and songs ones you heard on Easter service? or close to what you heard on Easter service?

( I am going throught RCIA classes and will be bapitzed on Easter sunday then our wedding will be the Following Saturday).

We Meet with the Father In Feb. and I want to get some Ideas of songs and readings we want to have before our meeting.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Easter time wedding help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are the songs we used:

This is what we did:

Mother's Entrance: Flower Duet from Lakme

Attendant's Entrance: Rondeau by Mouret

Bridal Processional:  Canon in D by Pachelbel
                                     Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring by Bach

Recessional:  Allegro Maestoso by Handel

These are the readings:

1st: Sirach 26:13-16
    Responsorial Psalm: 128:3   Blessed are those that fear the Lord

2nd:  1Corinthians 12:31-13-8

Gospel Acclamation: Celtic Alleluia
    Gospel Reading:  Matthew 5:1-12

HTH

• Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since Easter falls so late this year, I'm also lucking out and having an Easter Season wedding... although especially awesome that you are having yours in the octave of Easter :)

New Advent tends to be a bit wordy about pretty much everything, but these might perhaps provide some inspiration on hymns to seek out...

On Paschal Tide:
    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11516a.htm
    On the Easter Octave:
    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11204a.htm

The one "Easter" musical element that we'll be incorporating is doing an arrangement of "Regina Ceoli" (Queen of Heaven) during the presentation of flowers to Mary, as that particular prayer is said during the Easter Season instead of the Angelus.  All I've been able to find so far is a gregorian chant version (which I do like)... so I'll have my musician sister look for other options as well.

Also, some friends of mine incorporated a Litany to the Saints into their Nuptial Mass instead of the unity candle or honoring of Mary.  I always love that part of the Easter Vigil Mass...

You could look through some of the psalms and readings from Easter Vigil and see if any of them seem fitting for you two, as well!  There's plenty to choose from :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no input. Just wanted to say I am getting married the same day! We just me with Father Finn tonight and picked our music and readings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had friends get married during the Easter season. For them, the readings and music were the same as what would be chosen for any other nuptial mass. They did, however, take advantage of the church's Easter decorations and opted not to bring in any additional decoration.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards