Catholic Weddings
Options

annulment

I was married before by the district judge where I live and an now engaged again. Me and my fiancee want to get married in the church we are both catholic and have talked to our pastor. I have given him all the paperwork he needed from me except for the marriage license from the first marriage waiting for that in the mail. How long does it take for the church to annal the marriage the protest said it will be easy seeing as how my ex is not catholic and we were married by a judge.

Re: annulment

• Options
    Welcome!

The length of time it takes to get an annulment can vary based on a lot of factors.  In your case it should not be difficult, but it will also depend on how many other cases are presented ahead of yours.

The best advice I can give you is not to set a date until you have a confirmed annulment in your hands.  You should be able to begin marriage preparation, but it is unwise to put down any money on the off chance that there is some kind of delay.
    Anniversary

• Options
    This sounds like a "lack of form" process, which doesn't take very long. Since you were Catholic, and didn't marry in the church, then the correct form wasn't used, which makes the marriage invalid. 

Don't put any money down until all of the process is complete.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards