Catholic Weddings
Options

Anyone not yet confirmed?

I made all my other sacraments (baptism,communion), but I moved around the time I was supposed to make confirmation, so I haven't made it yet :( Any idea how long the course is and about how much? I heard I can take it right before I get married.

Re: Anyone not yet confirmed?

• Options
    It depends on the parish. Many times, those needing only confirmation are asked to attend RCIA with all those becoming catholic. For various circumstances, such as an upcoming wedding, there are different avenues that can be taken. Do not delay in asking about what will be required of you-- make an appointment with the pastor.
  • Options
    Thanks for responding! Yes, I was going to talk to my priest about this soon. I am newly engaged and will probably book the church within the month.
  • Options
    I'm not confirmed, either. When I talked to various people at the church, they all said there should be no problem getting me through RCIA (it's once a week early October-Easter at my church) next year. The priest even asked if I needed to get confirmed sooner than Easter 2014. I don't, but it's nice to know that everyone is so willing to help me finally become a confirmed Catholic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely ask your priest. As Carrie said, there are various avenues for Confirmation, especially if you have received your other sacraments. For example, my old parish runs twice-yearly adult confirmation classes for people in your situation. They run like 10 weeks plus a day-long retreat. Others will ask you to do the full course of RCIA. Some can help you find alternatives. But start looking sooner rather than later, because that opens more doors out of mere availability.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am currently enrolled in RCIA. I don't have first communion or confirmation Sacraments so I had to complete 4 initiation retreats, one marriage dynamics retreat, and enroll in RCIA BEFORE the wedding. My marriage Sacrament is valid but we have to complete our journey this April.

The whole process was a really nice bonding experience for my H and I. He decided to come with me eventhough he had his Sacraments already.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards