Catholic Weddings
Options

Thanking/Acknowledging priests in program

Hello!

I'm working on our program and along with the thank yous to our family and friends, I want to include a thank you to our two priests.  Do any of you have sample wordings that you used to acknowledge them in your program. 

This is what I have.  What do you think?
Thank you for your support and guidance as we not only prepared for our wedding today, but for our marriage.  Your wisdom and counsel has been invaluable on our journey towards the sacrament and our lives together.

If any of you included this, I would love to know what you wrote.

Thanks!

Re: Thanking/Acknowledging priests in program

• Options
    I didn't include any sort of thank-you on my program, but I think that sounds great!  The only minor tweak I might suggest is saying something like "as we not only prepared for our wedding today, but more importantly, for our marriage."  I don't think it's necessary, but I do know a lot of priests are big fans of seeing couples emphasize the importance of their marriage over their wedding. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_thankingacknowledging-priests-in-program?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:40cc06ea-de16-4ec3-b733-98d9843fc9c7Post:aa58563c-405e-435e-9972-ff28b1f4da7e">Re: Thanking/Acknowledging priests in program</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't include any sort of thank-you on my program, but I think that sounds great!  The only minor tweak I might suggest is saying something like "as we not only prepared for our wedding today, but more importantly , for our marriage."  I don't think it's necessary, but I do know a lot of priests are big fans of seeing couples emphasize the importance of their marriage over their wedding. 
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>I agree with Resa's additional recommendation!  Great idea to include that :-)  Our parish made our programs for us, so we didn't get to customize anything... so we just gave them individual thank you cards and gifts.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards