Catholic Weddings
Options

Happy Thursday

Hi there, quiet ladies.  How's it going? 

I'm trying to keep calm despite feeling a little stressed about all the stuff I need to get done for Christmas.  This weekend will no doubt involve a trip or two to the grocery store (which will of course be disgustingly crowded!), some cleaning, and hopefully some relaxation! 

What's in store for everyone else?

Re: Happy Thursday

• Options
    Hope you're able to make time for relaxation Resa!  It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays and get stressed out.

I did some major cookie baking last night - sugar cookies, pecan snowballs, peanut butter kisses, and gingersnaps.  It was my first time using my Kitchenaid stand mixer and i LOVE that thing!  Tonight I have to frost/decorate the sugar cookies and dip the snowballs in almond bark, but that shouldn't take too long.  At least I hope it won't, because H and I also have to go shopping for gifts for our nieces and nephew.  I should probably pack tonight too, since we're leaving tomorrow night after work to head to H's brothers' house for Christmas.  Typing that all out, I now realize I have quite a bit to do tonight...
  • Options
    I want to bake some this weekend.  I'm thinking I'll do cake pops and maybe some sort of cookie.  Haven't totally decided yet.  I got some baking stuff for the wedding and I haven't used it nearly enough!  No stand mixer, though....maybe I'll get one someday!

• Options
    Loooooove my stand mixer.  I have butter coming to room temperature as we speak for use in baking. I'm totally done with shopping and wrapping, so I get to spend the rest of the time baking, planning the menu for Christmas Eve (and doing that darn grocery run you mentioned, Resa), and packing for Christmas Night (we're spending the night at my dad's). Oh, and my sister will be in town, so we're going to visit with family in town this weekend.

My bff is coming over to bake tomorrow, so that should be fun! Before Christmas, I'm planning on making shortbread, gingersnaps, and peanut butter balls -- hope to have the peanut butter mixture balled this afternoon to dip in chocolate tomorrow or Saturday. I have a small batch (probably about 12 cookies worth) of chocolate chip dough in the freezer, so I may or may not make more. We'll see how things go time-wise and what my friend wants to make.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cake pops sound awesome!  I'll have to look up a recipe for them sometime.  I've eaten lots but have never tried to make them.

I'm so glad I registered for the stand mixer - I almost didn't because it was one of the more expensive items, but I figured I would just add it, and if no one purchased it I could buy it myself with gift cards later.  I had just registered for the most basic model that only came in white, but my mom and sisters surprised me at my shower with an upgraded on in tangerine orange.  My next plan for it is to try and make homemade bread, we'll see how that turns out.
  • Options
    A day of baking with BFF sounds LOVELY!  My favorite Christmas goodies are soft, frosted sugar cookies, buckeyes, and those PB cookies with a herskey kiss in the middle, but my sisters are making all those, so I figured cake pops might be a hit!

• Options
    Cake pops actually aren't that hard, they're just time-consuming.  I recommend reading lots of recipes (and their comments) to get some tips.  My fav are strawberry cake with vanilla frosting (which normally doesn't appeal to me, but is AMAZING in cake ball form). 

• Options
    Erin, bread in the stand mixer and dough hook is soooo much easier than bread without it. Yummy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards