Catholic Weddings
Options

Novena to St. Joseph

It was mentioned in a post below...about doing a novena to St. Joseph. I was intrigued (and could also so use some assistance from Joseph) so I googled it. I found a bunch of variations of how to do this.

What is the correct why to do a novena to St. Joseph?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Novena to St. Joseph

• Options
    cutie+lovecutie+love member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love St. Joseph! I totally attribute my relationship with my boyfriend to him. It was on the last day of a novena to St. Joseph for my future husband that we met! There are many prayers to St. Joseph, but I have a special connection to this one --> http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/prayer/joseph.htm. Pray it for 9 days for a special intention, or in multiples of 9 (the novena I mentioned above lasted 54 days!). If you want to make it super special, pray it so it ends on his feast day (March 19th). 

I don't think there's any one particular formula on how it must be done, but I hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agrewe with the PP to timeing it so it could end on his feast day (Marach 19th) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are plenty of "correct" ways to do a St. Joseph novena. Yes, it makes sense to end it on his feast day (March 19 is the big one, although there are others e.g. Monday was one), but you can do it anytime of course--obviously there are other times that we need prayers besides for mid-March :) We are in the middly of one for finding an apartment/house (which we did, on day 2). We are using the same prayer that cutie+love mentioned above.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    lburkey21lburkey21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! DH and I have been trying to move back to Atlanta for the past few months and we just haven't been able to get lock down jobs in order to make the move. We're sort of running out of time to make the move happen this year (before DH has to start committing to things for this summer/fall) and we could really use some assistance from St. Joseph in making this happen.

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    rombacjarombacja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My grandmother always did it on the hour for 9 hours during the day when she prayed her novena. I have her copy of her novena, but it is too worn to read all of it - otherwise I'd pass it along. I have been meaning to go online and try to find the missing words...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry - this is off topic - but is that a football field you and your DH are on? Too cute!

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    JustineOliviaJustineOlivia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love St. Joseph! I attribute my prayers to him to helping with all of the good things in my life right now....my favorite is the 30 day novena: http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/thirtydayjoseph.htm

I usually try to pray it each year, to end on March 19th. I have heard that prayers to St. Joseph are never unanswered in one way or another--and I've found that to be true in my life as well.
  • Options
    lburkey21lburkey21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_novena-st-joseph?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:4b46566a-d4e8-4e48-9862-3690a9799feePost:a54d1bcc-7d5a-4ef8-a33d-f5b7c33fde38">Re: Novena to St. Joseph</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry - this is off topic - but is that a football field you and your DH are on? Too cute! Linda
    Posted by lmeade62[/QUOTE]

It is!! DH and I are huge football fans...we got married on my college campus (and my hometown) and I worked for the football team while in school. I called in a favor to one of the coaches to have the gate opened up for us. We had a blast!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards