Catholic Weddings
Options

Thankful Thursday!

I have been waiting for this one!

My parents received an offer on their house!  I mentioned on Monday that that was my prayer, and then on Tuesday they got an offer!  It is WAY too low for them to accept, but they plan to counter and hopefully will get a reasonable price for the house!  I am so happy for them!  Thanks be to God!

And I'll throw out a little prayer request: My husband's cousin is pregnant with twins, and apparently one is growing at a much faster rate than the other, and she is having to undergo pretty constant monitoring because the little one is at risk of stillbirth.  As cousin puts it, "B needs to share, and A needs to be more aggressive."
Anniversary

Re: Thankful Thursday!

• Options
    That's great news, Professor!  And I will certainly say a prayer for the baby twins! 

I don't think I have anything worthy of Thankful Thursday.  I mean, I'm thankful for things, but it's the same old stuff (thankful to have a job, a wonderful FI, etc) . Hopefully I'll have something exciting to talk about next Thursday :)

• Options
    Prof, how great for your parents!  I'll be hoping for the best for them, as well as for your H's cousin and the babies.

I'm thankful we finally got a call from our vet on our dog's allergy tests (funny, I included this in my Monday prayer post, these must be working!).  At least now we know the 7 things he's allergic to, and have a plan to start the shots that will hopefully resolve the issues.  The shots, while not cheap by any means, will cost less than I was anticipating, so that's good news!
  • Options
    I know it's cheesy, but I'm thankful for FI.  He's pretty great.
    I'm thankful for the interview I have for a job that I would love in two weeks.
    I'm thankful for the roof over my head and the warm bed to sleep in!
    I'm thankful for the kickass honeymoon we get to take.

• Options
    PS, this is the equivalent of AW days on other boards, so any good news is welcome!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm thankful for getting 2 weeks off next month! I wish I could start taking time off now, since I'm pretty much spending most of my time here working on wedding stuff anyway. Talked to coordinator at the church yesterday and have to redo a lot of my program... gah!
    I'm also super thankful for the awesome friends I have, keeping me sane and helping me out so much through this process!
    And for FI and my family :)
    Anniversary
  • Options

It's great to hear everyones good news :o)

I feel so thankful that I got this great job with Boeing right after graduation!  The Lord has blessed me so greatly and I am truly thankful! :o)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am thankful for FI as well.  We just seem to accomplish so much more as a team.  I know I wouldn't have the courage to do half of what I do without him.  He helps me be a better person.

Plus, I am thankful because my car needed work and he deals with the mechanic for me.  I know that makes me sound stereotypical but I am so dumb when it comes to that stuff.  FI would rather deal with it and make sure my car is getting treated right (I admit, I am a guilty of "maybe if I ignore that noise, it will go away")
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    CiardasullyCiardasully member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_thankful-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:4c2d1049-8a0d-48e9-8089-0bca7448b382Post:de99535c-c3ca-4a78-a69c-72927a25535f">Thankful Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been waiting for this one! My parents received an offer on their house!  I mentioned on Monday that that was my prayer, and then on Tuesday they got an offer!  It is WAY too low for them to accept, but they plan to counter and hopefully will get a reasonable price for the house!  I am so happy for them!  Thanks be to God! And I'll throw out a little prayer request: My husband's cousin is pregnant with twins, and apparently one is growing at a much faster rate than the other, and she is having to undergo pretty constant monitoring because the little one is at risk of stillbirth.  As cousin puts it, "B needs to share, and A needs to be more aggressive."
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Prayers for your husband's cousin and babies!
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards