Catholic Weddings

Introduction

Hello all,
So, I'm a prodigal sheep who left the church right after Confirmation and found my way back about 3 years ago after a rather intense crisis of faith (ain't it the way). I just wanted to introduce myself to y'all, I know that on this board I can find some solid advice from some good people. I attended Catholic school for 13 years and have always identified as culturally Catholic (kind of why I think it is both really neat and really weird that this is in the Cultural Boards section). My FI is in the Air Force and was raised Episcopal but mainly non-religious and his parents now attend an Unitarian/Universalist church. He has agreed to a Catholic marriage ceremony, although he doesn't feel strongly enough to convert, and I appreciate his honesty on that. I was a Theater major and have a pretty big and dark sense of humor, and I promise to keep it out of any threads that aren't appropriate for that. It's been lovely lurking on this board for the past few days, and I know I've made a few posts, but I felt as though I should introduce myself.

Re: Introduction

• edited December 2011
    Welcome!

Tell us about your wedding. When? Where? Colors?
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  How soon is your wedding coming up?
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! My husband and I met doing musical theater :-)
  • shawna127shawna127 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, and congratulations on the engagement/upcoming wedding :o)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! And tell us about yourself!  Like others said.. colors? date? how did he propose?
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Like you and Riss, I met my FI doing theatre!   So fun that we all have that in common!

• divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! We're still figuring out a date, but I'm pretty sure next fall is going to be best due to FI's training, I'm about to move to be in the same town as him, which is also closer to where I'm from (right now I'm in UT and he's in FL, we're from MS) which will make planning boatloads easier. I'm hoping to get married in the church I grew up in and would like my 9th grade Homecoming date to help officiate the ceremony (He's a priest now, which is really awesome).
    I've changed colors in my head about a billion times, right now am leaning towards pinks and deep oranges for fall.
    Oh the proposal. Was done via phone and UPS. Since we live so far apart right now, we only see each other about once every 2 months. So I signed for a UPS package and inside it was a medium sized box that said do not open yet in his writing. At this point I pretty much knew what was up (this had been discussed previously), so he called me later sounding all nervous and then he asked me to open the box and I said yes.
  • edited December 2011
    That is an adorable proposal.  =)

What part of Mississippi are you from?  My parents live there now, so I did a bit of wedding shopping there -- it was fun!
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Such an awesome and orginal proposal!  I love it!! 

edited December 2011
    prof- Cool, I'm from Jackson and hopefully the wedding will be at St. Peter's. My FI is from Hattiesburg, that's where we met.
  • edited December 2011
    Is St. Peter's the one downtown?  I went to Easter vigil there a few years ago -- so beautiful!
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    It is indeed! It's a stunning church and the one that my Mom started going to when she moved to Jackson way before I was born. I took every other "first" sacrament there, so it would have a lot of meaning for me, I especially want a picture of me in front of the Annunciation window which is where the pew we always sat in was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards