Catholic Weddings

question about prestation for the gifts.

Hi, I am new to this board- but not theknot.com :)  Rick and I are getting married September 24th- i know getting so close :) but we are stuck (well i am since rick is at military stuff and unable to help) on who to do the prestation of the gifts... I would love it to be 2 children, 2 adults-  the 4 I really would like to go is part of the wedding party already- my son (who is junior groomsmen), my "niece" who is junior bridemaid, and my sister who is maid of honor, and Ricks brother who is Best Man is it ok for them to do both "jobs"??
Wedding Countdown Ticker ~loving my citizen soldier~ Planning Bio

Re: question about prestation for the gifts.

• lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    totally fine. All they have to do is get up from their seats, walk to the back of the church, bring the gifts forward, and sit back down! It wouldn't interefere with their other duties.
    Anniversary
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to ask your church.  My church asked us to try and ask people not in the wedding party to do readings and the presentation of gifts. 
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_question-prestation-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:4f42e602-320f-4b4e-9c93-583ea65c9480Post:7c2922a8-a245-4b76-80da-b09f3b503e6d">Re: question about prestation for the gifts.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might want to ask your church.  My church asked us to try and ask people not in the wedding party to do readings and the presentation of gifts. 
    Posted by lisa89760[/QUOTE]

Our priest also talked about this as well. But I really don't see a problem with it if the people you ask don't have a problem with it. We had my husband's Grandma and my godmother bring up the gifts.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having out mothers bring up the gifts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards