Catholic Weddings
Options

Cool post about NFP/FAM

So after you get married, you get pregnant and start reading blogs like this:

http://thefeministbreeder.com/guest-post-what-a-b-s-in-biology-and-a-slew-of-womens-studies-courses-never-taught-me-about-my-own-body/

I LOVED this post! This is actually a guest blogger and the "owner" of the blog is actually a pro-choice atheist...but that didn't stop her from seeing the benefits of NFP/FAM. This is a great post for anyone on here who wants to know more about the non-religious benefits of NFP/FAM.

And you'll notice I gave a little props to the Church in the comments Wink
Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!

Re: Cool post about NFP/FAM

• Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is really awesome! So happy to see "non-Catholics" promoting NFP. I hope the knowledge keeps spreading.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do love reading secular articles promoting NFP.  I'm promoting it among medical students and doctors-in-training right now.  I'm glad to have another non-Catholic article to give to them.  Thank you!
  • Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_cool-post-nfpfam?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:57a6d4d9-51e1-4983-b13f-bce3ea505da6Post:d1c8dddc-623f-4c97-8e10-479bc115ca04">Re: Cool post about NFP/FAM</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do love reading secular articles promoting NFP.  I'm promoting it among medical students and doctors-in-training right now.  I'm glad to have another non-Catholic article to give to them.  Thank you!
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

mica - what is the reaction/feedback you get from your colleagues? Are they open-minded to it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing!

I too am surprised at how many of my educated colleagues (Biology degrees and everything!) are unaware of what is actually going on inside them.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    great post.  i cant believe doctors actually prescribe antibiotics for normal fluid.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_cool-post-nfpfam?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:57a6d4d9-51e1-4983-b13f-bce3ea505da6Post:a5ab1fb0-c7bd-45f1-8618-71cb0f85c45c">Re: Cool post about NFP/FAM</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cool post about NFP/FAM : mica - what is the reaction/feedback you get from your colleagues? Are they open-minded to it?
    Posted by Riss91[/QUOTE]

<div>I haven't really been asking for feedback from my colleagues, I'm just teaching when this stuff comes up, so I try to answer honestly and open minds to charting.  I'm not in charge of reproductive education, so I have a limited audience (usually only a few medical students at a time or a few trainees), but that doesn't mean that birth control doesn't come up on a given clinic day.  When I find opportunities, I pounce!  One of the residents (doctor in training) just stopped the pill and is starting to chart.  Woot!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's wonderful! I know we have been talking about it at our Local TN book club meetings and we are getting more and more girls on board for it. It's been a true blessing. I talk about it with my co-workers and a few have been pretty receptive towards it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards