Catholic Weddings

Catholic Favors :D

Hi ladies!
Well, first--I never introduced myself on this board! I'm Katie and I'm marrying a med student named Chuck on June 25 :D We've been engaged for not quite 4 weeks now! We're from Pittsburgh, and we're getting married in my hometown (and he actually lived there until he was 12, too) of Toledo, OH.

Anyway... I just got some samples from this company and I am definitely going to order from them for one of our favors... http://www.customizedcatholicprayercards.net/index.php

We will probably do two cards, one with this picture:
http://www.customizedcatholicprayercards.net/product.php?id=576&sel_id=1083&sel_id=1084
as St. Gianna is our patron.

And the other not sure--they have wedding specific cards--the wedding at Cana, the wedding of Mary and Joseph. Or we might pick Blessed Louis and Zelie Martin. Or the Holy family. So many choices!

We're getting the glossy finish (they have matte and glossy. They both look nice but the glossy is a bit sturdier), not sure what size.

Just thought you all might like to know :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w

Re: Catholic Favors :D

• Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!
    Well, first--I never introduced myself on this board! I'm Katie and I'm marrying a med student named Chuck on June 25 :D We've been engaged for not quite 4 weeks now! We're from Pittsburgh, and we're getting married in my hometown (and he actually lived there until he was 12, too) of Toledo, OH.

Anyway... I just got some samples from this company and I am definitely going to order from them for one of our favors... http://www.customizedcatholicprayercards.net/index.php

We will probably do two cards, one with this picture:
    http://www.customizedcatholicprayercards.net/product.php?id=576&sel_id=1083&sel_id=1084
    as St. Gianna is our patron.

And the other not sure--they have wedding specific cards--the wedding at Cana, the wedding of Mary and Joseph. Or we might pick Blessed Louis and Zelie Martin. Or the Holy family. So many choices!

We're getting the glossy finish (they have matte and glossy. They both look nice but the glossy is a bit sturdier), not sure what size.

Just thought you all might like to know :)
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married in Toledo, OH!!! At Regina Coeli :)  If you don't mind me asking, which chuch are you getting married at in Toledo?

These are a cute idea.  I typically see them at funerals (I haven't been to too many weddings) and always make sure I grab one as keepsakes.

Good luck with your planning and make sure you check out the Toledo board if you haven't already. :)
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This is totally unrelated but it's a pleasant surprise how much we have in common.  I'm also marrying a med school student, our favorite saint is also St. Gianna (especially since we both will work in healthcare), and we both met in Pittsburgh!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Catarntina--at Historic St. Patrick's. Ever since my parents started going there 5 years ago (right after I moved away lol) I've dreamed of getting married there--so beautiful!

Clearheavens--that is crazy. Especially since 2 of our closest friends live in Cinci and we may well aim for a residency there! And, I almost went with your same color scheme, but then decided on only shades of blue (my bouquet will still be pink, though). What year is he in med school? My FI is a 3rd year.
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    edited December 2011
    Ah, yeah.  St. Patrick's is gorgeous -- I've only been to the festival there, never attended Mass there.  My mom attends Regina Coeli (I live in Colorado), so it was a natural fit for me to get married there.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations on your engagement!

Good idea!  I have been to a wedding with holy cards as favors and it was a really good reflection of the couple and their faith.  Also, two of my good friends got married on the feast day of St. Augustine and gave out little medals!  I know too many catholic nerds :)

If they're blessed objects, though, just make sure that they'll be handled with care by the recipients! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the midst of making 1 decade rope rosaries (300 of them ). They're navy to match our wedding. I was thinking of adding something with it just to have a little "blurb" about what the rosary is. So, perhaps I could do prayer cards with that on the back. I'm glad to know that others are doing something religiuos as gifts for the guests because I kind of feel like a dork/preachy sometimes, but we really want our wedding to reflect the sacrament part, amid all of the fun of the reception. Know what I mean?

~Angela

• newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    edited December 2011
    For our catholic "favor"... we're doing a donation to a local homeless shelter (Sharing and Caring Hands) that was started 25 years ago by the most amazingly holy catholic woman ever :)  

Definitely a fan of incorporating our faith into the reception as well!  We were thinking of figuring out a way to have different quotes on love from JPII, BXVI, Mother Theresa and others at all the tables and stuff...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards