Catholic Weddings
Options

uh oh

Today's New York Times carried a gay wedding announcement.  No biggie, I think that they have done even since they were called "Commitment Ceremonies"

" Mr. Roger Danforth and Mr. Richard Termaine were married on Friday night by Luitherin minister, xxx along with Revend Michael DeVito, a Roman Catholic priest and cousin of Mr. Termaine"

although I am very pro commitment ceremonies to protect the not "legal" spouses", I think that bringing in a Catholic priest could backfire.  In this case, I hope not because he was family.

www.NewYorkTimes.com/Vows

Re: uh oh

• Options
    Is there a second comment on this? (I only see one, but the main page tells me there are two. I am partly typing this in hopes that when I submit it, it will enable me to see aforementioned invisible comment...)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm having the same probelem... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_uh-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:673f3adc-8c91-4bff-b1d7-4ef7441f6567Post:8e054b3a-9cd1-4863-8b36-a570128d99be">Re: uh oh</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there a second comment on this? (I only see one, but the main page tells me there are two. I am partly typing this in hopes that when I submit it, it will enable me to see aforementioned invisible comment...)
    Posted by lalaith50[/QUOTE]

No second page that I could see.  Sorry, I tossed the weekend papers this morning. 

ETA:  I went down to my neighbors  apartment as I noticed they are on vacation and their papers are piling up so I borrowed Sunday's NYT.  There is nothing other than their photo, the officiants, professions.

The fact that the groom's cousin, a Roman Catholic priest assisted at the wedding was simply in the paragraph about where the wedding took place and who officiated
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards