Catholic Weddings
Options

Invitation wording question

What do I call my church in my invitation?  The church website calls it Saint Mary Parish, but all the sample invites I've seen say _____ Roman Catholic Church.  Now that I think about it, I've never attended a church that referred to itself as "Roman Catholic Church".  Help, please!  I'm sure I'm over-thinking this...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitation wording question

• Options
    I don't know... I have a church nearby that calls itself "St. Edwards Catholic community" but on the diocese website, it's called "St. Edwards Church"

I would probably say "____ Catholic Church" in my invitations because "Parish" or "community" or anything else might be a little unclear to people unfamilar with the church.

You could probably leave out Roman.

SaveSave
  • Options
    I would include Catholic, for sure. Our best man plugged "Christ the King" into his GPS and it took him to an evangelical church of the same name an hour away the night of our rehearsal!
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_invitation-wording-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:7dc4b829-cd07-4025-8cee-34c9e123f94cPost:5fc99166-fbca-457c-8a53-8843ef711e49">Re: Invitation wording question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would include Catholic, for sure. Our best man plugged "Christ the King" into his GPS and it took him to an evangelical church of the same name an hour away the night of our rehearsal!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Poor guy!

We are using the formal name, Church of the Blessed Sacrament. It seems weird to me because locally people just say "Blessed Sacrament."
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_invitation-wording-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:7dc4b829-cd07-4025-8cee-34c9e123f94cPost:1952e8db-c899-47df-bdc0-a5a64003d21c">Re: Invitation wording question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My church is called "Sacred Heart" but it's super formal name would be "Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ Roman Catholic Church". We printed "<strong><font color="#3366ff">Sacred Heart Catholic Churc</font><font color="#3366ff">h</font></strong>" on the invites, and listed the church address in case this somehow confused anyone. If you really want to include Catholic, you could perhaps say "St. Mary's Catholic Parish", but I'd consult the church/your priest before doing so. They might have some help for you :)
    Posted by cebrady89[/QUOTE]

This is what we are doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards