Catholic Weddings
Options

NWR: 40 days for Life

Today begins 40 Days For Life, the largest interfaith effort to end the killing of innocent unborn children. Please check out their website at

http://40daysforlife.com/about.cfm

I don't mean to start politics or a fight. As Catholics this is our belief!

Re: NWR: 40 days for Life

• Options
    LanatirLanatir member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha.  I disagree that it's NWR.  Children are totally wedding related.  :)  In order to be married in the Catholic Church, you are supposed to pledge fruitfulness, faithfulness, and permanence.

On that note,  YAY 40 Days for Life!  Thank you for posting the reminder.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    caitriona87caitriona87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say thanks for posting. =) Praying for its success.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Holy Mary, pray for our unborn children, and for us sinners.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting.

My H and I are involved in the Lifeteen Youth program at our church and this past Sunday a speaker (he is actually the representative in our area) from 40 Days for Life came and talked to the kids about the organization. There are a lot of local rally's and initiatives taking place for it in our dioceses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am super excited about 40 days. I work as a crisis pregnancy counselor and it is awesome to come into our office (there is an abortion clinic right next door) to see people out on the sidewalk praying for an end to abortion.{This happens almost every day, but when 40 days for life starts up the crowd almosst doubles}  What a true blessing.
    I know that the Pro-Life movement is not only to end abortion, but genocide, assisted suicide and capital punishment but the killing of the innocent holds a special place in my heart. To hear and to know what happens inside those walls next door to our clinic sickens me every time I think about it. (Blessed Mother please pray for us)
    Thank you for posting this reminder that everyday is day that we should pray for life.

In Christ,
    M

• Options
    Jasmine&RajahJasmine&Rajah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AMEN.  Thank you so much for posting this.

Dear Lord, may the eyes and hearts of all those who support abortion be opened to Your Truth.  Forgive them, for as Your Son said, "They know not what they do."  May all the holy souls of the martyred children be gathered to You in Paradise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_nwr-40-days-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:84b2741a-234d-42ab-a31b-de6eb17c1922Post:0de9a078-5a26-4ad8-aea4-31475e632c8e">Re: NWR: 40 days for Life</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am super excited about 40 days. I work as a crisis pregnancy counselor and it is awesome to come into our office (there is an abortion clinic right next door) to see people out on the sidewalk praying for an end to abortion.{This happens almost every day, but when 40 days for life starts up the crowd almosst doubles}  What a true blessing. I know that the Pro-Life movement is not only to end abortion, but genocide, assisted suicide and capital punishment but the killing of the innocent holds a special place in my heart. To hear and to know what happens inside those walls next door to our clinic sickens me every time I think about it. (Blessed Mother please pray for us) Thank you for posting this reminder that everyday is day that we should pray for life. In Christ, M
    Posted by Myst2211[/QUOTE]

This is just wonderful! Have you been on the website? There is already such great stories and it's only been 3 days!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_nwr-40-days-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:84b2741a-234d-42ab-a31b-de6eb17c1922Post:971c4b0b-571b-4f41-a240-b18bf02b48fb">Re: NWR: 40 days for Life</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for posting. My H and I are involved in the Lifeteen Youth program at our church and this past Sunday a speaker (he is actually the representative in our area) from 40 Days for Life came and talked to the kids about the organization. There are a lot of local rally's and initiatives taking place for it in our dioceses.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

It's great when people start getting youth involved... Honestly, it's the best time to bring them to Christ. You and your H are doing wonderful things and God bless you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards