Re: Interesting post and replies from the snark board

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you referring to the FML thread?
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    didnt she post over here and we told her teh same thing? 

glad to see SB had some good sense on this one.
  • k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_interesting-post-replies-snark-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:86a97acc-a7ba-49d6-89e5-0b4583746adfPost:4eb7498e-0d79-46b6-b974-dc243eeaeae8">Re: Interesting post and replies from the snark board</a>:
    [QUOTE]didnt she post over here and we told her teh same thing?  glad to see SB had some good sense on this one.
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

That would explain her "This isn't the Catholic Board comment." 

Nice to see people people standing up to people who are disrespectful. The scary thing is it doesn't even dawn on these people that lying and "pretending to go along" with Catholicism for a ceremony or location (or any religion for that matter) is disrespectful.  Blows my mind.
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    haha, yeah, i caught that comment about the catholic board too.
  • edited December 2011
    WOW. I have so many feelings about this thing I can hardly express them all! The idea that someone identifies as agnostic/atheist but wants to have a Catholic wedding just left me stunned...and then I got...don't know if it was angry or what, but when I think about all the things my fiance and I have been through already, so we can be married legitimately in the Catholic church - and we don't even know yet for sure if we'll be able to. The idea of someone who doesn't even believe in Jesus so flippantly deciding to be married in a Catholic ceremony - it just...floors me.

If nothing else, a person should be true to themselves...

WOW.

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Her public declaration of being an atheist/agnostic, isn't that bordering on apostasy?  Wouldn't that be grounds for excommunication if a higher up in the church were to read her words (and certainly grounds for most priests to refuse to marry her)?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards