Catholic Weddings
Options

RCIA Classes!

I just signed up to do my RCIA classes! I am nervous about it.. I don't really know what to expect but I feel it will be good! I start this September and the Decon is going to do mine.

Fl will be taking them with me as he needs to do finish his conformation!

wish me luck ladies..

I will be getting bapitze April 24 2011 and we will have our Catholic church wedding April 30 2011! So excited and nervious all at the same time!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RCIA Classes!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just finished RCIA classes a couple of months ago! Both the FI and I took them together and I felt that it really increased the bond that we already had. Our instructors always reminded us that marriage was a part of the Church's plan. It made us realize that God needs to be a part of the planning process.I really enjoyed it and our sponsors are now some of our closest friends. If you have any questions let me know. 

Congratulations on your wedding date! That is going to be one very emotional couple of days. 
  • Options
    mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was baptized and confirmed this past Easter after completing RCIA.  My experience was amazing, I learned so much about faith and gods love and of course the catholic church.  My MIL was my sponsor and is my god-mother, which I think helped us to bond.  My husband (who was my FI at the time) also went to all the classes because he served as a sponsor for his future brother-in-law who also joined the church this past Easter.

I hope you have the same type of experience that I had.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for you!  I actually took RCIA classes (though I was confirmed) with my husband since he hadn't been confirmed.  I can't believe how much I learned!  What's amazing is that the classes will be over before you know it! 
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck and enjoy the journey!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is such a amazing experience. I finished RCIA a little over a year ago and had a wonderful time. You will learn so much and feel like a different person when it is all said and done. For me, being able to take communion for the first time and then after that with my now H was so special, I just can't explain it. I am so glad I did it. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for you!!!!
    I went through the RCIA and was confirmed Easter 2010.
    You are very lucky to have your FI there with you to support you. You will have a wonderful journey together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You will love it.  Nothing to be nervous about and you will learn so much. Just enjoy and take it all in!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards