Catholic Weddings

Two questions

Okay so my first question is easy and I know it's already been asked, but I forgot lol.  What flowers do you put in the boquet that go to Mary?  And my next question might be TMI but here it goes:  I have charted STM for over a year now, but just recently switched to creighton method.  So here is my problem, I am used to doing internal observation, but since I've switched to just tissue, it's been a problem.  I can't get any mucus on the tissue (even when from internal observation I have peak type mucus)  Have any of you ever had this problem, What should I do?

So here are my questions:

1. What kind of flowers in flowers to Mary boquet?

2. How to obtain mucus externally?

Thank you in advance! :o)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Two questions

• I've never seen the flowers to Mary, so I'm no help there.

I just started learning Creighton, so I'm definitely no expert there either.  I will share a few things that my instructor went through in my first follow-up a few days ago:
    - make sure to check before and after urinating/having a BM, as sometimes the mucus is only present before, and sometimes only after
    - same thing w/ a shower, make sure to check before and after
    - "bear down" at the end of each day, when you're doing your last check before charting

You may have already heard all of those things from your instructor, so maybe they don't really answer your question.  I don't have much more to offer since I seem to have the opposite problem, not really having many true "dry" days so far.
  • Lol, these two questions together are such a "you know you're Catholic when..." moment.

I can't really help with #2 as I have never used anything but STM, but for #1--I don't think there is a hard and fast answer but I think roses and lilies are traditional symbols for Mary because they are associated with purity among other things. I think we had a small cluster of light-colored roses that matched the rest of our flowers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • #1 -- I'm pretty sure any flowers would be fine.  I've never really paid attention to what flowers were used, but I think often times it's just a bouquet of the same flowers used in the altar arrangement and/or BM bouquets. 

#2 -- I haven't been to my follow up yet, so I'm by no means an expert!   Have you had a follow-up yet, and discussed with your teacher?  I'd be interested in her answer! 

• Have you tried taking a supplement of vitamin B6 and folic acid (not like a little bit in a multi vitamin, but rather a supplement that's like... I cant remember exactly, like 1000% DV.) Those are supposed to be "mucus enhancers." The first month I tried I noticed a MAJOR amount of mucus. Since then, not so much, but I do think it's helping.
    Anniversary
  • 1. We're doing that as well, only we are using a single rose.

2. No clue. Good luck though!
  • Awesome ideas for flowers, I think we will do roses :o)

I actually had my follow up last night and I asked her about it, but she said she had never heard that  before (she is a relatively new instructor though)  So she was going to ask her supervisor and get back to me.  Also, when I check internally i have lots of mucus, I just can't get it to come out lol :(  I will wait and see what she says though, I think I might have weird anatomy lol.  thanks ladies!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Shawna,

I don't know much about Creighton, but I know with Billings the visual appearance of the mucus is secondary to what you sense throughout the day. I don't know if that will help, and I don't want you to end up mixing methods because then you aren't technically following either of them. Maybe someone familiar with Creighon can speak to this and if it is also an aspect of Creighton (agape, I'm looking at you ;) ) BUT I would ask do you sense (without checking with your finger or tissue... no touching! Just what you sense at the vulva) that there is a different type of mucus present? It takes a very small amount of "fertile" mucus to change the sensation so even when you don't see any visually, you will be able to sense it.

I don't know if that is at all helpful. I'd consider this to be a TMI situation, but I feel like we gals are pretty comfortable chatting about cervical mucus ;)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• All 3 aspects are equally important and only one aspect of fertile type is necessary to consider it "peak" type mucous.

First, observe sensation without looking.   dry, smooth, or lubricative 
    2nd: look, notice color (clear, cloudy, yellow, brown,  etc)
    3rd: finger test  eyeball the length it stretches

Make sure to stay hyrdrated, sometimes when people are trying to conceive and not seeing enough mucous, the right type of robitusson is suggested.  (not the drying up kind, the "loosening up" kind). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards