Catholic Weddings
Options

New to board!

Hi everyone!  I'm Laura and my fiance, Robert, and I are getting married next May.  We met online at a catholic singles site a few years ago and are about midway through our planning process right now with a lot of major stuff out of the way. 
We're taking Creighton method NFP classes right now and are on a waiting list to start meeting with a mentor couple at our parish.  We're both involved in the young adult group at the parish and really love the community!

My fiance is about a year away from finishing a second degree right now (Mechanical Engineering) and I currently work at an architecture firm as a commercial Interior Designer!

This board is so refreshing :)  Pretty sure I couldn't have a conversation about NFP on my local board without getting dismissed condescendingly or something... 

Re: New to board!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! We definitely love to have NFP conversations here--bring it on!  There are several ladies who use/are learning/are considering Creighton, so I'm sure your expertise and experience will be very welcome.

I actually have several friends who are now happily married after meeting on Catholic Singles sites, so I'm glad to hear that you have experienced that blessing as well. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you :)  Creighton is super helpful!  We're waiting, so we haven't actually applied it in real life yet... but it's been great to learn what's going on with my body.  I've got PCOS, so my cycles are really long and really weird :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were you on CM? I was on there for a while, but ended up meeting my FI on eharmony.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    welcome!

threepink, i met my H on eharmony too!  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats great!

I had always been wary of online dating (esp since I've had more than one bad experience) but I decided to give it a try during the free communication weekend last Labor Day weekend. My FI was the first one to email me. To make it even more interesting, we found that we grew up 10 minutes from each other and knew a lot of the same people when we were in high school.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    haha, i met my H on a free weekend too! 

we found out that we went to college in the same state, and that i often partied at his school during what was his senior year and my freshman year.  he's convinced we probably saw each other at a party at one point.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

Did you meet on CatholicMatch?  That's where I met my DH...  :)
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Catholicsingles.com back in 2006!  The less-cool version of Catholic Match, it seems :)  My younger sister convinced me to join it with her...  I just used a free trial subscription for about a month and my now-fiance messaged me on the site and e-mailed me, so I figured that he was interested!  We conversed via IM... eventually webcam... then phone... and went on a date... and needless to say, it went really well!  We've had a lot of work on our patience over the years due to my fiance's schooling getting extended due to transfer issues, but I'm sure the next 7 months will be over before we know it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! And good luck with the wedding planning

Yes, this board is great. I love all of the ladies on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards