Catholic Weddings
Options

Do you send the priest an invitation to the wedding and rehearsal dinner?

I'm just wondering if I need to do this? Maybe for the rehearsal dinner but we are having the wedding dinner at 5PM  and I know that he will need to say mass at 5:15 so there's no way he'd even be to the reception until 6:30 at the earliest and we'll be done with dinner by then. Is it just a a case of telling him after the wedding that he's welcome to stop by? If he was there for dinner I'd need him to fill out a dinner choice but I know he won't be there for that.

Re: Do you send the priest an invitation to the wedding and rehearsal dinner?

• Options
    Nickie431Nickie431 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a matter of courtesy, I think you should definitely send your priest invitations to the rehearsal dinner and reception.  Even though you know he won't be able to attend the dinner portion of your reception, he'll appreciate the gesture of including him--just like your out-of-town guests who can't make the trip.  After all, he plays a very important role in your ceremony.  Best wishes!
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on it.  I even sent him a 'Save-the-Date.'  He's such an awesome man.  Lots of fun!  I heard that many priests don't actually go to the reception, even if they are invited.  But I hope mine does!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think it's polite to send him an invitation, even if you don't think he'll come.... He's an important part of the wedding, so I do think he should be invited.

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should even though you know he can't make it.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    the priest shoudl be invited to both the RD and the reception.
  • Options
    baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yes, as a courtesy.  He will probably decline, but it is nice of you to offer in any case.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards