Catholic Weddings
Options

Theology of the Body

We are trying to get a retreat started for our Indian Catholics in Dallas. A couple youth leader and I are meeting in a week or so to pick dates and go over details. I wondered if anyone has done one based on the Theology of the Body and can give pointers. I think all of us have read and have an understanding of it, but the kids attending may not have.

TIA

Re: Theology of the Body

• Options
    agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is for high school youth? There is a program called Theo of the body for teens, which Jason evert does a great deal of speaking (dvd series).

There is also brand new program for "young adults" that ascension press puts out called "Freedom to love"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kudos to you for trying to get that started with the youth.

I just read an Intro to Theology of the Body by Christopher West and it really opened my eyes. Thanks for recommending such a great book.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have looked through the TOB for teens and it looked really good. I was able to understand it and felt that it was appropriate for their age group. I was in my twenties the first time that I read TOB and it was way over my head. With the new study guides it is much more reader friendly.

Thanks for taking an active role in preparing the young of today to be leaders of tomorrow.

In Christ,
    M

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, get the DVD set and then walk through the leader's guidebook.  Basically, the kids will be watching the DVD and you'll be leading the discussion and questions at the end of each session.

I also would recommend you doing this over the course of a few weeks instead of just one entire weekend because teens don't do well with this much information.  They will also need a lot of snacks and drinks.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I'll talk to the group about the teen version. I will also look at those DVDs. We will probably do this over the course of a couple weeks or months. We have a lot of other church activites so we have to plan it in between all of those things.
    God bless.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they like the idea, also mention that a workbook might cost them $12-14ish, I forgot.  Order them soon so they have them to write in while they watch the DVDs and discuss in groups.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Christopher West is great--also look into Mary Beth Bonnaci
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards