Catholic Weddings

What do I bring?

Ok, so I'm new on here. I got engaged a little over a month ago and my fiance and I are going to meet with the priest that is going to marry us on Saturday. My question is...what do I bring? I feel like we should make him cookies or something. My fiance thinks I'm silly. What do you think? What is normal? Is there any paperwork we should bring? Should I wear anything specific or is a simple dress okay? Sorry for all the questions...I'm just not sure!

Thanks for any advice you all can provide! Laughing

Re: What do I bring?

• bballknight04bballknight04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could make something if you wanted depending on what kind of relationship you have with your priest. Normally no paperwork is needed for your first meeting unless your church coordinator has given you anything for the priest to look at.. I think a simple church appropriate dress would be great.

And congrats :) Have fun with the meeting!
  • lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't make cookies. It's not like you're going to someone's house for dinner; just think of it like you're going to a business meeting. 
    and what bball said.
    Anniversary
  • JAPetelaJAPetela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both for your advice. So no cookies and just show up ready to talk...Awesome!! Thanks! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I would add an open heart/mind to the list of things to bring. It's really important that, even if you know the priest well and know what his expectations of marriage prep are that you approach his counsel as pastoral care.

Marriage Prep is one of those things that you get out what you put in, and getting it started on the right foot is key. Sounds like you, by going "ready to talk" are on your way to doing just that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    haha, i brought cookies for our priest.  im sure he shared them with others in the rectory. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards