Catholic Weddings
Options

Newbie on this board with a question :)

Hi Girls:

I wanted to know if you knew what "Forms A and B" are. I got a call from our priest last night asking for us to come in with 2 witnesses each to fill out "Forms A and B" I have no idea what this is and I'm a bit nervous. LOL

Can someone tell me what it is please?

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newbie on this board with a question :)

• Options
    Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_newbie-on-this-board-with-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:a20abbe8-ebdb-49cd-9a4b-50a163075875Post:2e70ae68-17bd-40b3-be7b-eec4d6a2114f">Newbie on this board with a question :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Girls: I wanted to know if you knew what "Forms A and B" are. I got a call from our priest last night asking for us to come in with 2 witnesses each to fill out "Forms A and B" I have no idea what this is and I'm a bit nervous. LOL Can someone tell me what it is please? TIA!
    Posted by Jessica & Mark Andrew[/QUOTE]

I am guessing that these are just witnesses that are willing to testify that you are free to marry and entering marriage of your own free will. I wouldn't stress about it.
  • Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    That's what I was thinking, too.
  • Options
    I have never heard of that. Is it possible that this has something to do with a prior divorce and/or annulment?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I also think they are freedom to marry forms. They are just extra witnesses, usually your parents, who will attest that you and your fiance are free to marry: that you haven't been married previously (in or out of the Church), that you aren't being forced into the wedding, that you aren't related by blood. Really, it's not a big deal. If there is a problem of geography, it shouldn't be a problem to get someone to fill them out at another parish or another diocese if they live there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_newbie-on-this-board-with-a-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:a20abbe8-ebdb-49cd-9a4b-50a163075875Post:0030cc4c-c7d3-4024-9124-5f56edbf4217">Re: Newbie on this board with a question :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also think they are freedom to marry forms. They are just extra witnesses, usually your parents, who will attest that you and your fiance are free to marry: that you haven't been married previously (in or out of the Church), that you aren't being forced into the wedding, that you aren't related by blood. Really, it's not a big deal. <strong>If there is a problem of geography, it shouldn't be a problem to get someone to fill them out at another parish or another diocese if they live there.</strong>
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  My MIL did hers at her home church, and my mother just called the parish office at the church where we were married.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options

Thank you soooo much girls :

lalaith50 : this will be our first marriage :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards