Catholic Weddings

Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules"

2»

Re: Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules"

• agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012
    So far everything that has been said about the sexual act question has been dead on right.

And before anyone accuses me of being a "know it all" again, I'll say it matches TOB. (I have one more class till I'm certified from the TOB institute. Perhaps I should always post my qualifications any time I answer).

Also, TOB for Beginners by Christopher West, but Good news is the best one for an exact answer to this question, as well as "Holy Sex". 

Edited to add: 
    to the poster who asked this question, I just realized you mentioned something about credentials...please know I was not making my comment because of what you said, but to the earlier questioning of my integrity by someone else. It had nothing to do with you, and I understand why you had confusion with other forums).
  • [QUOTE] There are other discussion areas that have Catholic women who support each other and show compassion when someone is struggling.
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

TXKristan, I am completely bewildered by this.  As someone who has posted about sorrow and struggles in my own life, and received a great deal of support as well as compassion from the ladies here . . . well, I have to say that I don't understand where you are coming from.  I've never seen anyone here (at least not someone offering <em>genuine advice and good guidance</em>) be unkind, or uncaring. 

And I wholeheartedly agree that theology - the Scriptures, Sacred Tradition, the Catechism - cannot and should not be divided from our faith.  How is it even possible to do so?

I, too, hope you change your mind and continue to post.   :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_basics-on-catholic-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:a57b04c9-94ca-4ff1-a4ca-f0d013c26445Post:2b964718-da17-4dff-b17c-13862a873467">Re: Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules"</a>:
    [QUOTE]So far everything that has been said about the sexual act question has been dead on right. And before anyone accuses me of being a "know it all" again, I'll say it matches TOB. (I have one more class till I'm certified from the TOB institute. Perhaps I should always post my qualifications any time I answer). Also, TOB for Beginners by Christopher West, but Good news is the best one for an exact answer to this question, as well as "Holy Sex".  Edited to add:  to the poster who asked this question, I just realized you mentioned something about credentials...please know I was not making my comment because of what you said, but to the earlier questioning of my integrity by someone else. It had nothing to do with you, and I understand why you had confusion with other forums).
    Posted by agapecarrie[/QUOTE]

<div>Was that edit to me or to someone else? If it was for me I'm not sure what confusion I had with other forums.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • <span class="Apple-style-span">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_basics-on-catholic-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:a57b04c9-94ca-4ff1-a4ca-f0d013c26445Post:a3fce5e6-6ce4-4527-8885-e7a459ffc97b">Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules"</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are a couple of common misunderstandings regarding marriage in the church that I think needs to be addressed. Perhaps this could be a "sticky" </span><span class="Apple-style-span">[/QUOTE]

</span><div><span class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span">Thank you for this post. I had been discussing with my DH to have a church wedding but he is a non-catholic, so we opt for a civil ceremony. But after reading the rules, I'm certain we can have our church wedding after consulting with a priest. Wish I would've found this sooner. Thanks, once again.</span></div>
    Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. -- Franklin P. Jones
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_basics-on-catholic-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:a57b04c9-94ca-4ff1-a4ca-f0d013c26445Post:d8c144d1-971a-4360-89ce-e3f8fdf7ad44">Re: Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules" : Was that edit to me or to someone else? If it was for me I'm not sure what confusion I had with other forums.
    Posted by sigmaurse[/QUOTE]

<div>It was to you.... the confusion I was talking about was the one you stated in your post:</div><div>
    </div><div>You said: </div><div>
    </div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:11.818181991577148px;background-color:#ffffff;">" I had heard somethings on catholic answer's and catholicmatch.com but wasn't sure what was right because poeple post on there who don't have the creditials so it's hard to know what to believe and what not to believe unless they post a reference. "</span></div>
  • Thank you for this post. I had been discussing with my DH to have a church wedding but he is a non-catholic, so we opt for a civil ceremony. But after reading the rules, I'm certain we can have our church wedding after consulting with a priest. Wish I would've found this sooner. Thanks, once again.

azi, im so happy our posts have helped you out!  best of luck and let us know how the meeting with your priest goes!
  • sigmaursesigmaurse member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_basics-on-catholic-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:a57b04c9-94ca-4ff1-a4ca-f0d013c26445Post:0b0aa0d5-5fb0-4f2a-b05e-60c06a3b533e">Re: Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules" : It was to you.... the confusion I was talking about was the one you stated in your post: You said:  " I had heard somethings on catholic answer's and catholicmatch.com but wasn't sure what was right because poeple post on there who don't have the creditials so it's hard to know what to believe and what not to believe unless they post a reference. "
    Posted by agapecarrie[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh ok, well my issue with Catholic Answers is that people who aren't catholic post on there all the time, why I do not know, but if you don't know your theology they can steer you in the wrong direction. I do not know everything about theology and I feel as though I didn't get a great education eventhough I went to Catholic school until College. I've been reading books, listening to CD's and I'm now taking classes thru the Paul the VI institute in STL to learn more so i'm able to help my fiance with RE. I always go to him with my questions because he has a theology degree but he didn't learn these things in class unfortunately. Then on Catholic Match there are people on there who say they are catholic but they don't believe or go along with the teachings on birth control and premarital sex so obviously I wouldn't expect them to answer me correctly. Without knowing someone, how do you know what they tell you is the truth? You really don't and the people I talk to on forums are people that I don't know. That's why I said what I did.</div><div>
    </div><div>When you said me having issues with confusion on other forums I was thinking you were saying I had issues with your creditials on other threads on this forum which was not what you meant.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_basics-on-catholic-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:a57b04c9-94ca-4ff1-a4ca-f0d013c26445Post:9ff1589c-30cf-4e50-8cad-dac7c608aa9b">Re: Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Basics on Catholic Marriage "rules" : Oh ok, well my issue with Catholic Answers is that people who aren't catholic post on there all the time, why I do not know, but if you don't know your theology they can steer you in the wrong direction. I do not know everything about theology and I feel as though I didn't get a great education eventhough I went to Catholic school until College. I've been reading books, listening to CD's and I'm now taking classes thru the Paul the VI institute in STL to learn more so i'm able to help my fiance with RE. I always go to him with my questions because he has a theology degree but he didn't learn these things in class unfortunately. Then on Catholic Match there are people on there who say they are catholic but they don't believe or go along with the teachings on birth control and premarital sex so obviously I wouldn't expect them to answer me correctly. Without knowing someone, how do you know what they tell you is the truth? You really don't and the people I talk to on forums are people that I don't know. That's why I said what I did. When you said me having issues with confusion on other forums I was thinking you were saying I had issues with your creditials on other threads on this forum which was not what you meant.
    Posted by sigmaurse[/QUOTE]

The boards are not limited to fact, more so opinion.  but good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards