Catholic Weddings
Options

how was everyone's turkey day?

miine was good, but i came back with terrible back pain from sleeping 4 nights on a really bad bed.  :-(

Re: how was everyone's turkey day?

• Options
    I had such a good weekend. Thanksgiving was nice, and the rest of the weekend was low-key and good family time. H, C and I went walking around an outdoor mall in the area on Friday and then went to dinner as a family for the first time since she was born (she slept through the whole thing, but still . . .). That was really nice. Since I was received into the Church on the Feast of Christ the King, we celebrated my 7th year in the Church yesterday, so that was nice, too. Smile

Calypso, sorry to hear about your back. Sleeping on a bad bed is the worst. Frown
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh Calypso, I totally feel you on the bed! We spent a night at my parents, on a bed that's quite a bit smaller then the one we normally sleep on, and I felt like I was just squished up against the wall all night, and could barely even turn over! 
    But other than that, I had a great weekend! Rushing around to visit two families, and eating so much food that I didn't get to appreciate any of it! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ours was pretty good.  My mom injured herself and was in a cast, my grandma broke her hip and was in the hospital, and I set off the smoke alarm burning oil in the oven, but otherwise the food was great and everyone had a good time.  =)
    Anniversary

• Options
    I hear you on the bad bed!  I can't stand sleeping on a bad bed, or in a dry room.  It's the worst!

My Thanksgiving was nice.  We spent a good amount of time with H's out-of-town family, which was great.  We also got the house decorated for Advent/Christmas, and we got some rest.

Happy anniversary, Biblio!

• Options
    Very filling with Thanksgiving "brunch" at the in-laws and Thanksgiving "dinner" at my parents :)  Also rather cold and windy!  
  • Options
    Mine was good!  I made my first attempt at cooking the turkey, and it turned out really well.  We didn't have our Thanksgiving meal until Saturday, so the timing of the weekend felt a little off.  But, it was nice to have a relaxing weekend visiting family, and the weather was good, albeit cold, for our drive there and back.
  • Options
    Kristan, I totally understand that feeling. We went through the same thing when my H moved in. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad everyone had a good day!

I went to Mass Thursday morning.
    As I predicted, my mom was busy cooking, so she couldn't go.

Weekly, there's only one English Mass at our parish, and it's super early. We're mostly a Hispanic congregation.
    But for Thanksgiving, Mass was bilingual. I think H was the only non-Spanish speaker, which isn't different than any other day lol
    I was really looking foward to Thanksgiving Mass because of everyone's stories of participation. But I think because it was half in English, it hindered people's participation. It was much quieter than the all-Spanish Masses! It was a little strange.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards