Catholic Weddings

Anyone watch the DNC?

I didn't, but I've seen a few FB and blog posts that make me kinda wish I had, just to see it for myself.  I heard that Caroline Kennedy used her Catholicism as her reason for advocating unrestricted abortion.  WHAT?!?!  Is this true!?!  What else did I miss?

(I watched neither the RNC nor the DNC, because I get too upset and depressed about the future!)

Re: Anyone watch the DNC?

• I didn't watch either of them... conventions just seem like spectacle and a massive waste of money to me!  I'm avoiding all things political as much as possible before the elections.  I'm not in  a swing state, so hopefully I won't get bugged too much!  
  • i cannot stand caroline, or any of hte kennedys, for that matter.  they disgust me.
  • I second Calypso.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • I DID! I watched it and I loved it! I'm a Democrat so it got me fired up! I like political things like conventions it's some or the nicer things before the political mudslinging gets started :-( which I don't like.
  • I didn't watch. I heard most networks cut off Cardinal Dolan's prayer and chose not to air it.  Quite sad.

Although I read a HILARIOUS article on huffington post:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michele-somerville/praying-nice-with-the-democrats-timothy-dolan-gets-it-right_b_1850617.html

I stopped reading at the point where the author states that Dolan's presence at the convention was his stamp of approval for Catholics to vote for Obama.  I couldn't stop laughing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_anyone-watch-the-dnc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c51bdb1b-5427-4a96-94b4-a012f8a80278Post:cc2011c5-26e7-49f4-afbe-89ecad045061">Re: Anyone watch the DNC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I watched Tuesday & Wednesday of the RNC and just Tuesday of the DNC (I was in an airplane Thursday nights of both conventions).  <strong>I'm REALLY getting annoyed by the fact that women are becoming such a pawn in this election.  If you don't support contraception and abortion, you are anti-women's health. </strong>
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  Someone called my husband a "sociopath" for his anti-abortion stance.</div><div>
    </div><div>Because not wanting to kill babies makes you a sociopath.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Ugh.  Politics.  Election day is the day after our anniversary.  I can't wait for several reasons.</div>
    Anniversary

• [QUOTE]  Someone called my husband a "sociopath" for his anti-abortion stance. 
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    Lol. I love it when people think that if you use a big word (even if you don't have any idea what it means,) you can call people whatever mean name you want!
    Anniversary
  • I didn't watch it. I have seen and heard some of it though, and it disgusts me so much.
  • Didn't watch the DNC (or the RNC--except Clint's weird empty chair speech)

But I did watch Dolan's prayer.  Loved it.  It was gutsy, but perfect.

SaveSave
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_anyone-watch-the-dnc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:c51bdb1b-5427-4a96-94b4-a012f8a80278Post:cc2011c5-26e7-49f4-afbe-89ecad045061">Re: Anyone watch the DNC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I watched Tuesday & Wednesday of the RNC and just Tuesday of the DNC (I was in an airplane Thursday nights of both conventions).  I'm REALLY getting annoyed by the fact that women are becoming such a pawn in this election.  If you don't support contraception and abortion, you are anti-women's health. 
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

^This, apparantly I am a woman who is against women's health!  This whole war on women thing is driving me crazy! I won't even get started because I will just get too worked up!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    Since hubby is covering the election, I have seen all of it. We watch on cspan so we don't have to listen to the pathetic commentary and pointless interviews. Our govt is so sad and pathetic. And our people need to raise their standards. We deserve better than this, but everyone is too busy trying to fight for their party affiliation, they don't h e time to think rationally about the direction of our country. We are I'm serious trouble.
  • Ugh. I HATE the whole "War on Women" campaign trick the Dems are using. I'm sorry, but I am more than my reproductive system
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • [QUOTE]I'm sorry, but <strong>I am more than my reproductive system</strong>
    Posted by MedStudent13[/QUOTE]
    that needs to be a bumper sticker!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_anyone-watch-the-dnc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c51bdb1b-5427-4a96-94b4-a012f8a80278Post:cae0c25b-e59d-4e42-94c9-07d8ac4d0545">Re: Anyone watch the DNC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]that needs to be a bumper sticker!
    Posted by lalaith50[/QUOTE]

<div> WORD!!!  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards