Catholic Weddings

How long is the ceremony?

We're going to do a full mass with our ceremony. For those of you who did have a full mass, how long was it? I've been to some that were close to an hour and half long. But that was with the Mexican traditions of the lasso and coins and all that. We're cutting those out. We're thinking of bumping up our reception time so that guests won't have to wait so long to eat. I know people will be hungry afterwards. I just want to get a rough estimate of what the timeline will be like between the ceremony and reception.

Maya
(ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
wedding websites

Re: How long is the ceremony?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was about an hour and ten minutes but we had a lot of music.

Our ceremony was at 5:00, with cocktail hour at 6:30 and dinner at 7:30. The reception venue was about 15 minutes away. It was a little tight because the mass started about ten minutes late as well, and we would've done slightly betterl having dinner start at 8:00 I think. (The first course was cold by the time we started eating.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011

Our Mass was between 50 and 55 minutes long.  We didn't do much "extra" besides a presentation of flowers to Mary, and we also had a relatively small wedding (around 100 guests).

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    our Mass and ceremony was an hour and fifteen - we had a Latin Mass so its usually a tad bit longer.
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours right now, according to the people who know this kind of thing, will be between 55-65 minutes long.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    Ours was an hour and five minutes almost exactly.
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ours was only about 45 minutes. The priest's homily was pretty short.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards