Pennsylvania-Central
Options

receptions/ceremony at hauser estate winery in gettysburg?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you know what the Hauser Estate Winery in Gettysburg is like as a reception/ceremony venue.  I know that it can accommodate up to 100 guests (so it would be a small wedding) but wasn't sure how crowded it would be inside and what it would be like with a tent off the back (this is pictured on their website).  So, if any of you know anyone who has held a ceremony or reception there and want to pass me any helpful information, that'd be great :)

Re: receptions/ceremony at hauser estate winery in gettysburg?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Do IT! Your photographer will thank you and your pictures will be gorgeous!!  That place is amazing!  When are you getting married?  I think you'll have plenty of space for a 100 person wedding.  You can also set up outdoors as well! 
  • Options
    kathleenmaevekathleenmaeve member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the late response!  The plan is for the wedding to be in the early summer of 2012 so it's a LONG way away.  We're planning the venue early because my parents wanted an idea of costs so they could budget for a little bit :)  I ended up calling Hauser Estate and despite their grounds being beautiful, I decided against it because they charge an extra $3,000 if you want to host alcohol at the event.  I know this makes sense because they want to be able to primarily sell you their wine but, it seemed too big a price to pay for me to have a variety of drink options for guests.  So, back to the drawing board...I'm looking into B&B's in Gettysburg/Carlisle area if you (or anyone) has recommendations :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards