Catholic Weddings
Options

Update: Lurker Question

We are officially booked at my church for April 26, 2014!

The meeting with the priest went really well. We were interviewed together for the first 5 minutes and then separated to answer questions regarding our freedom to marry. The priest was kind, understanding, and he really put us at ease.

Thank you to all who put me at ease with your replies yesterday! I really do appreciate it :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Re: Update: Lurker Question

• Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_update-lurker-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:d30046f1-ad05-4e70-aeda-44825225074cPost:c1ad7862-ae7a-4c9b-8f80-35eaf6b9ea72">Re: Update: Lurker Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]What were the questions they asked when they separated you?  We met with our priest after booking the church as well and I know we answered questions but we were never separated.  I wonder if they'll do that later.
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]

<div>My husband and I were not separated, and we were asked very similar questions to the ones OP mentioned.  They explained to us that we SHOULD be separated, but also that neither of us should have any secrets, and so if we revealed anything the other didn't know, it was good to have us together so we could discuss THAT.</div><div>
    </div><div>OP, I'm so glad to hear it went well and you are on the calendar!  How wonderful!</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: If you are interested, the book "Good News about Sex and Marriage" is really good. </div>
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards