Catholic Weddings
Options

Christmas cards question

So... I figured that this board has a proportionally larger number of people who didn't/don't live with their FI before marriage, and thats kinda relevant in my question I think...
When you were engaged did you (or will you this year, if you're currently engaged) send out joint Christmas cards? I sent out Christmas cards for the first time last year, and they were just from me, of course. But now that we're engaged, should we sign both our names to my Christmas cards? Or does that not happen until next year?

Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w

Re: Christmas cards question

• Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent out separate cards.  This year will be the first for a joint card.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We weren't yet engaged last Christmas, so obviously we didn't send out joint cards.  If our engagement had spanned the holiday season, I probably would not have done joint Christmas cards as I feel that the indicate family/cohabitation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing joint cards yet because I don't think it reflects where we're at (i.e. FI hasn't been able to meet all of my fam [cousins and distant uncles/aunts] yet, so I think they'd be surprised to get something from both of us). That's not necessarily the case with every engaged couple, but I don't think I've ever received a joint Christmas card from a couple that wasn't living together (married or unmarried).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were engaged last Christmas and since all of our family knew of our circumstances, had I of sent them, I would have done it from both of us since we were living together.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to get moving on sending mine out for this year. It will be the first married Christmas together - yay!
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, thanks ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our christmas cards this year are our save the date's so they will come from both of us (obviously).  Last year, they were just from me =)
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

we sent out joint cards only once we were living together.... it didnt make sense to me to sign his name before that. 

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the minority in that we sent joint cards this year.  And we're not living together.

I felt we were a team already and put both our names.  Also, we wouldn't have to send two cards to the same people.  But I put as address on the back with his name only and his address to indicate that we're not cohabitating and that I'm moving in there after I'm married.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're actually doing a little of both. Even though we don't live together, we are sending a card signed by both to close family members and mutual friends. For some of our personal friends and more distant family, we will send them individually.

Similarly, we generally give gifts and send cards to close family members/friends together. Even though we don't live together, we already see ourselves (and our families see us) as a unit, even though it obviously won't be official until next year! Plus, it just makes more financial sense for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_christmas-cards-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:d9e28d65-cd19-4f4b-af76-745b01ed4f45Post:6783e126-7ca1-4b97-8488-a2836149698e">Re: Christmas cards question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're actually doing a little of both. Even though we don't live together, we are sending a card signed by both to close family members and mutual friends. For some of our personal friends and more distant family, we will send them individually. Similarly, we generally give gifts and send cards to close family members/friends together. <strong>Even though we don't live together, we already see ourselves (and our families see us) as a unit, even though it obviously won't be official until next year!</strong> Plus, it just makes more financial sense for us.
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

<div>I really relate to that sentiment, too!  You can tell this when you go out alone and people ask, "Where's FI"? before they ask, "How are you doing?" - lol</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL -- CH, I totally agree!! I have definitely experienced that, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_christmas-cards-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:d9e28d65-cd19-4f4b-af76-745b01ed4f45Post:6783e126-7ca1-4b97-8488-a2836149698e">Re: Christmas cards question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're actually doing a little of both. Even though we don't live together, we are sending a card signed by both to close family members and mutual friends. For some of our personal friends and more distant family, we will send them individually. Similarly, we generally give gifts and send cards to close family members/friends together. Even though we don't live together, we already see ourselves (and our families see us) as a unit, even though it obviously won't be official until next year! Plus, it just makes more financial sense for us.
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

Double Ditto!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent out some last year that had both of us in a picture on it. I sent them out using his address because he lived in a house and I was in an apt and mail gets mixed up a lot in apts....Funny thing was....it work out nicely because he proposed 4 days after Christmas.
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our save-the-dates around Christmas time for most, so ditto
    lisa89760!  Although we might have to wait till after new years for my side of the family since my sister's wedding is Dec. 30... I feel like people might get overwhelmed if our Save-the-Date arrived within weeks of my sister's wedding!
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    newly, that's a good idea.  we received my SIL's STD on THE DAY OF OUR WEDDING.  it was kinda obnoxious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards