Catholic Weddings
Options

Friday Fun Wedding Question - Menu

Since I'm going with FI for our menu tasting this afternoon, I'm interested in what all you ladies had, or will have, at your reception.  What were some crowd pleasers?  Anything you would've changed?

Re: Friday Fun Wedding Question - Menu

• Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    This was our dinner menu (we had 8 passed hors d'oevres and 4 "stations" at cocktail hour):

Pasta
    – Farfalle Pasta di Pomidori Tossed with Fresh Tomato Sauce, Basil Chiffonade

House Salad – Baby Greens, Roma Tomatoes, Shaved Bermuda Onion with a Basil Vinaigrette

Choice of Entrée:

Crab Meat and Scallop Stuffed Jumbo Gulf Shrimp in a Lobster Sherry Wine Sauce

Charbroiled Rib-Eye Steak in a Cabernet Demi-Glaze

Chicken Madeira – Sautéed Boneless Breast of Chicken Topped with Asparagus Spears and Fresh Mozzarella, in a Madeira Wine Reduction

Italian Eggplant – Breaded and Sautéed, Layered Among Slices of Mozzarella and Grilled Tomatoes, Topped with Oven-Roasted Tomato Sauce and Fresh Basil

Everyone raved about the seafood dish and the steak.

• Options
    Fun question!

We had 3 options (chosen that day): tilapia with a mediterranean-style sauce, chicken marsala, and pasta with spicy sausage and greens.  The pasta was definitely the crowd favorite, but everything was good.  

I hope you enjoy your tasting!  It's such a fun time :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Have fun at your tasting! I loved getting to try everything!

Our Menu

Butler Passed Hors D'ouevres

Twice Baked Fingerling Potato with Panchetta
    Edamame Hummus on Pita Crisp
    Cajun Andouille Sausage & Mozzarella Cheese Rolled in Puff Pastry

Salad Course
    Classic Ceaser - Chopped Romaine, Garlic Croutons, Parmesan Cheese
    Caesar Dressing

Pre-selected Choice of Entree
    Chicken Saltimbocca - Chicken Breast Layered with Proscuitto and Provolone Cheese, sauteéd and topped with Mushroom Marsela Sauce
    Petite Sonoma - Roasted marinated Beef Steak sliced and served with a Port Wine Au Jus
    Eggplant Parmesan - Breaded Eggplant layered with Mozzarella and Provolne Cheese and Marinara
    Kids Meal - Fruit Cup, served with salad course, Chicken Fingers with Ketchup, Macaroni & Cheese and Green Beans

Side Items

Julienne Carrot and Zucchini with Thyme Butter (2 oz)
    Oven Roasted New Potatoes (3 oz)

Dessert
    Wedding Cake and Regular and Decaff Coffee Service
  • Options
    Hors d'ouevers:
    chopped liver on crostini, fruit and cheese plate, mini Greek salads in little edible cups (can't remember the name)

Dinner:
    roasted pork loin, chicken piccata, rissotto, green salad, grilled asparagus

I wanted the dinner to be free of everything my mom is allergic to. This includes wheat, onions, and soy. Thus no bread or pasta with dinner. Asparagus is the only green vegatable my fiance and I both like, so we had to have that. Chopped liver is a tradition with my (Jewish) family, from before Mom developed the allergies, so we had to have that.

Yup! First wedding ever serving both chopped liver and pork! :-)
  • Options

Those all sound so yummy and interesting!  I probably should've waited until AFTER lunch to ask this - now I'm extra hungry!

• Options
    Just 'cause I like being different: we had Mexican food, catered by a local chain that also happens to be our favorite. We actually had rave reviews -- lots of people enjoyed eating something different at the reception.

My only regret is that somehow there were vats of extra salsa that did not end up in our fridge along with the other leftovers. Mmmm....salsa!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow all of this food sounds great!

ESPECIALLY the mexican food, biblio!

We haven't completely figured out our menu yet, but the entrees will be a choice of either grilled salmon or rotisserie chicken (it's really good, actually).  I completely forgot to ask if they have a kid's meal, so I definitely need to figure that out!

We'll start with a bunch of Hors D'ouevres, then either a house salad or caesar.  I would prefer caesar (and our venue's caesar salads are great!), but I'm thinking maybe more people would be happy with a house salad (unfortunately, I have to choose one or the other).

Then we'll have wedding cake and grooms cake, and I would like to bring out a few more Hors D'ouevres later for a late snack.  No idea which ones I'll choose yet.

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards