Catholic Weddings

Random convo goes here :)

How's everyone doing?  I'm super stressed because of issues with alterations.  It's really not even a big deal, but I'm so type A and get stressed about things, so I'm stressing.  (Basically, I'm not happy with my seamstress and so I'm switching.  My current seamstress hasn't even started sewing, and I'll prob be able to get my dress back tomorrow, and will take it to the new seamstress next week.  Not a big deal, right?  Yeah...I freak out over little things!) 

I'm really enjoying the new "daily topic" threads we're doing!  I think it's a good mix of topics and will hopefully bring some lurkers/newbies around!

I'm almost done with week 1 of Creighton charting, and so far I feel better about it than CCL NFP (not that it's better than NFP, but it's just better for ME, you know?).  It's weird not taking my temp each morning, though!  I'm really anxious for my first follow up appt!

Re: Random convo goes here :)

• Ressa, I'm so glad you switched over to Creighton. Based on what you had been telling us about your cycle, I think it is going to be more useable for you, and will probably, eventually, help diagnose what's going on with you. I'm glad that you're recognizing that it's going to work for you, too. I'm sure the next follow-up (and the few after) will be really helpful. I think they break out the picture dictionary, which is not fun, but is super-helpful (and probably super-uncomforable for the guys).

I feel good because I finally feel like we're going to be ready when Little Miss arrives. Her room is getting cleaned out (it had been a catch-all/office), and we looked at paint at Home Depot last night, and picked the color we're going to paint two of the walls (the other two stay white). It's Behr coy pink (Clicky) for anyone who is intereested. When DH decided we should do the accent walls pink, my heart melted. He originally felt like he was totally unprepared for a girl, and has now totally embraces it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm also stressing about lots of little things for the wedding.  We're getting down to the wire and I'm just starting to feel overwhelmed with all the loose ends.  

Having a seamstress you trust is important.  I don't blame you for switching.  

Resa: What do you like better about Creighton?  I'm currently using CCL NFP.  I don't mind taking my temp but I just don't feel that confident with it yet.  I suppose time will tell...  My cycles have been a bit wonky the past few months, so I'm not sure if I'm recording eveything correctly.  Hopefully it's just the wedding stress.  

I really like the new daily topics, too!  I've typically been more of a lurker, so maybe they're working :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    Glad to hear Creighton is working for you. :)

I'm about half way through charting my first time using the methods from TCOYF...I finally feel like it's making sense...I  think that may have more to do with the Novena I've been saying, asking for some help. :)

I haven't looked into any other methods yet, as my cycles are thankfully pretty regular, and when they're off I can usually pinpoint an event in my life of stress or sickness that attributes to that. It's nice to know there are various methods that work with different bodies.

It's best to go with your gut and pick a new seamstress. I'm sure it will all work out fine.

Biblio, that shade of pink is so soft and sweet! My fiance was talking about us having cute kids some day, and how fun it will be to play with them and pretend to eat their little fingers and toes. I was watching him comfort is his young niece one Sunday when she was in a cranky unsettled mood. It just melted my heart. 

I just have to send in the contract to my photographer, and then pretty much all of the hard things are figured out for the wedding!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Biblio, I'm SO excited for you!  You haven't complained a whole lot about being pregnant, so I hope that means everything's been going pretty well.  I hope the rest of the pregnancy is healthy AND comfortable for you :) 

jfellow-- with CCL NFP, I felt like it was a lot more subjective.  I'm not an expert, so I didn't feel qualified to make judgments on my observations.  With Creighton, it's pretty darn specific about what qualifies for what.  After you observe, if you're confused, you can look through the descriptions in the book and say "yeah, that sounds like such-and-such."  There's a whole "code" to how to record the observation, which definitely takes time to memorize I'm sure, but it's right there on the back of the chart so it's easy to look it up!  And it just makes it pretty simple to record what you saw.  I ALSO really like that the book is VERY specific about how/when to obseve.  I read and re-read and re-read the CCL book and it really doesn't tell you HOW to observe.  It's like "when you go to the bathroom, check."  Okay....internally?  Check the TP?  What are we talking about here?  With Creighton, it's VERY specific about how to check.  That was a really long explanation, but I wanted to cover everything :)  Don't get me wrong, CCL NFP is great and I was telling FI that if I had a really straight-forward cylce, it would prob be easier than Creighton.  I don't want to come across as trying to slam CCL or any other method :) 

Christina -- I just MELT when FI talks about babies.  He wants one SO bad.

• Nice explanation, Resa. The thing that intrigues me about Creighton, is b/c so many people admit that the mucus is the most difficult thing to grasp about STM,  and yet it's still just kind of glossed-over, whereas, for Creighton if that is the ONLY thing you have to go on, then of course you're going to learn it better!

AFM- I have an interview today, to be a teller at a bank. Not super excited, but it would be a job that would pay a little and keep me occupied. So, while I don't *need* it, it would be nice, and I'm just trusting God about when He wants me to get a job. (ha- much easier to trust God when you don't HAVE to, eh?)
    Anniversary
  • Good luck Lalaith!

On another note, did anyone/does anyone stalk their registry on the regular?  Because now that shower invitations have gone out and wedding invitations are going out soon, I am SO bad.  I should probably stop, but it's just so...fun!  And I like to guess who bought what, too. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_random-convo-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:df5690b8-fb67-4ebf-9532-57cdf11f8ad8Post:d04f98de-02a1-4548-ba25-dd33599c95cd">Re: Random convo goes here :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck Lalaith! On another note, did anyone/does anyone stalk their registry on the regular?  Because now that shower invitations have gone out and wedding invitations are going out soon, I am SO bad.  I should probably stop, but it's just so...fun!  And I like to guess who bought what, too. 
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

Yes, good luck! DH started out as a teller & really enjoyed it actually.

Resa, I did that too...like every day, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My fiance and I are registering today--so don't want to.  I am not having a shower (bridal party offered and I said no), but our moms are insisting on us registering.  

Still have plenty of time before the big day and things are looking good--waiting to hear on when we are closing on a house--it is short sale so we are waiting for their bank to approve--FI is so calm about it and it is driving me slowly insane.

Last month of school and then some time off before I start teaching summer school--8th grade boys this time of year are horrible!!
  • Resa, I'm glad things are going better for you!  I was relieved not to be taking my temp every day, TBH!  And yes, I stalked my registry ALL the time!  I tried really, really hard not to, but I totally did.

So, this final exam is going to be REALLY hard.  I'm actually planning on complaining to the curriculum-writing team that a) the Honors test is much too long and wordy for a two-hour time frame, and b) they have GOT to spend some time revising the "Honors" level standards!  Every year the focus is on the on-level curriculum (which I understand, especially because I was on the curriculum team and it is very time-consuming), and then the honors teachers are told, "Just take what we've done and up the level."  But with no set standards across the district of what is "upped," we end up with huge differences in what one honors Biology student learns on one side of the district compared to the other.
    Anniversary

• Hey all!  Happy Wednesday!  Up here the weather has managed to be simultaneously warm, muggy, and raining - wishing I hadn't walked to work today!

Resa - your post reminds me that FI and I should probably get our registry created soon.  We have a whole list of stuff at home written down where we've thought "we should register for that" but haven't actually gone to a store yet!  My shower isn't until September though, so I suppose we still have time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_random-convo-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:df5690b8-fb67-4ebf-9532-57cdf11f8ad8Post:d85ec19e-7c93-4242-9bc6-3b4e8552cf70">Re: Random convo goes here :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Biblio, I'm SO excited for you!  You haven't complained a whole lot about being pregnant, so I hope that means everything's been going pretty well.  I hope the rest of the pregnancy is healthy AND comfortable for you :) 
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It has been a blessedly easy pregnancy, as pregnancy goes. I try not to complain about the little things (except to DH or my bff who is also pregnant), and focus on having adorable little baby feet to put socks (DH is obsessed with baby socks and hand mittens) on in a few weeks.

8th grade boys this time of year are the worst. I've taught 7th up through 12th and will vouch for 8th graders as the worst.

Prof. Curriculums are the worst. There's just so many bugs to deal with. Ug. I think I have a curriculum meeting next week -- and our department head is, um, hard to deal with. Yes, that's a nice way of putting it. Really, she drives me insane.

Totally guilty of registry-stalking -- for my shower, my wedding, my baby shower. It is so hard to resist! I do try to limit myself to a few times/week. It is a serious addiction. I also stalk other people's registries (friends, sister). I love seeing what people choose as gifts. At showers, I always end up being the gift-list writer (for thank you notes). I'm just nosy by nature, I guess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Mom bought me a gift a few weeks ago and said "Don't look at your registry!!"

I haven't peaked. I know it'll be more fun to be surprised. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello everyone! Just got done with school. Winding down a bit and then we're having dinner with our priest to go over some last minute details.

Bibli! EEEK you're so close! I can't wait to see pics (that's IF you're sharing, of course)

I also found out yesterday I have an interview for a 1st grade teaching position in the school affiliated with our church.  I'm very excited for it!  IT's still two weeks away but I"m also kind of nervous because I don't know how much a Catholic school interview will differ from a public or secular school interview.
  • Hi everyone! Still lurking around these boards...

I know that there are a lot of teachers on this board who would understand some great news I got today. I work with early intervention kids on the autism spectrum, and I found out that one of my kiddos tested at or above developmental levels in all areas measured today! It is good to see hard work pay off.

Chelsea - I've been reading your blog and it is giving me inspiratrion to get in shape for my own wedding (or more accuratly - my life with my future husband!)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_random-convo-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:df5690b8-fb67-4ebf-9532-57cdf11f8ad8Post:fb7201c2-165f-4245-aeef-ba9af9cc6a41">Re: Random convo goes here :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! Still lurking around these boards... I know that there are a lot of teachers on this board who would understand some great news I got today. I work with early intervention kids on the autism spectrum, and I found out that one of my kiddos tested at or above developmental levels in all areas measured today! It is good to see hard work pay off. Chelsea - I've been reading your blog and it is giving me inspiratrion to get in shape for my own wedding (or more accuratly - my life with my future husband!)
    Posted by mjmchugh86[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My number #1 goal of that blog was just to inspire other people, so I love hearing that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards