Catholic Weddings

Happy Wednesday!

How's everyone doing?  I'm still struggling with being back at work and away from the beach!  How are wedding plans coming for the engaged women?  How is post-wedding adjustment going for the rest of the newlyweds?  And to you Old Marrieds, how's married life/work/babies/etc? 

Re: Happy Wednesday!

• Welcome back!  I'm sure it's really tough to be back at work!  What beach did you go to?  Did you stay in a hotel, beach house, or something else?  Geesh, it sounds like I'm interrogating you here  - just interested to hear about it all! :)

Going to pick up our invitations over the lunch hour here - we plan to get them sent out next week sometime.  And, I have my first dress fitting next Monday!  The dress was a bit big when it came in (and I ordered a size down from what they recommended at the bridal salon), but I know it can be altered and it's better to have been too big then too small!
  • We went to the Outer Banks, NC.  We got a big house, which seemed silly for just two people, but we wanted our own pool, so we had only big houses to choose from!  It was a great time :)  I'm glad we went that route, since we had so much alone time. 

And that's so exciting about invitations and dress fitting!  Getting the invitations made things feel so official for me!  You need a ticker so I can keep track of when your wedding is!  Also, how's Creighton going (you're the Erin doing Creighton, right?  I have a tendency to ignore numbers, etc, at the end of SNs lol) ? 

• Sounds like a wonderful vacation! I like the idea of a private pool. 

I just came back from Boston this weekend, and feel like I need a serious nap! I'm saving all of my vacation time for the wedding, so I'm taking extended weekends here and there when I can, to keep me sane.

My invitations are on their way, and UPS tracker said they should arrive tomorrow. I designed them myself and then ordered them through Vista Print. I also want to make gold labels for addressing them, and get some embossed stickers to seal them with. I'll be so happy when they're addressed and in the mail. Still waiting for my gown to arrive. I called  af ew weeks ago and the shop said it was stuck in customs, but not to worry....When I originally was measured I lost some weight during lent because I gave up cake.. Hoping my dress isn't too snug. I'm pretty sure I'll be okay.

What does everyone's dress look like? This is mine. I'm having cap sleeves added instead of the jacket. My veil is also shorter. It sits right at my waist and is very flattering with the shape of the gown.

I'll be at my 100 day countdown on Friday! I'm super excited. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    I should add a ticker - just have to figure out how to do that!  Where do I go for that?

Yep, I'm doing Creighton - just had my 4th follow-up last night.  It's a bit hard to tell where I'll end up for sure, since I'm only on my 4th cycle post-BC pills, so my cycles are still a bit weird.  I'm hoping they'll start to become more consistent. 

For now, it looks like I'm going to be doing post-peak yellow stickers for sure, and probably pre-peak yellow stickers.  It was a lot to take in since we discussed the yellow stickers and the point-of-change observations, but my teacher really explained it well.  Learning about the yellow stickers made FI feel a lot better too, he was starting to get worried about how many white babies were on my chart, thinking that we'd never have any "available" days, haha.  I'm defintely confident in my observations, just working on making sure I record/interpret correctly.

How are things going for you?  Have you noticed any difference since the appointment with your NFP doc?
  • Christina - that's a gorgeous dress!  Mine is this one, Casablanca style 2022: http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/29/408

I don't love the model photos of it, but I don't have any photos of me in it yet.  It definitely doesn't look the same on me as on the model - I'm shorter and less busty, so there definitely won't be any cleavage hanging out for meTongue out  I"m planning to wear a cathedral lenghth veil - plain tulle, no embellishments, with a blusher.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:df84bac0-d4d8-44f8-98a0-70b26e9f5f18Post:fca7ef75-5695-4bb9-b8a3-cd50aa22612b">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I should add a ticker - just have to figure out how to do that!  Where do I go for that?
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><a href="http://global.theknot.com/tickers/Default.aspx">http://global.theknot.com/tickers/Default.aspx</a> 

There you go :)

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Creighton is going well.  Last appt she said we'd start yellow stickers next time, so next week at our follow up I'll learn about that.  I feel like it's a sort of graduation lol.  My doctor wants me to take progesterone post-peak, but since I often have multiple peaks, she said to wait 3 days post-peak.  Well, I peaked Aug 2, and on Aug 5 started my period.  No time to start the progesterone, and also a WAY short luteal phase.   I hope that doesn't happen again this time!! 

Love the dresses!  I don't have any pics of mine, but I should in the next few weeks!!

• Ok, how do I get rid of my ticker?!?  I can't find where you put the code for your siggy pic?  It's been too long lol.

• Good luck with your yellow sticker appointment Resa!  I didn't think it was too difficult to learn.  Hopefully the progesterone will help things out for you - my instructor sees a few things in my chart that indicate low progesterone, but thinks that it may just be due to coming of BC pills, so we'll wait a few more cycles to see if things change before bringing it up with my doctor.

Can't wait to see a picture of your dress, by the way!
  • In Response to Re:Happy Wednesday!:[QUOTE]Christina that's a gorgeous dress!nbsp;nbsp;Mine is this one, Casablanca style 2022:nbsp;<a href="http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/29/408I" rel="nofollow">http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/29/408I</a> don't love the model photos of it, but I don't have any photos of me in it yet.nbsp; It definitely doesn't look the same on me as on the model I'm shorter and less busty, so there definitely won't be any cleavage hanging out for menbsp; I"m planning to wear a cathedral lenghth veil plain tulle, no embellishments, with a blusher. Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

Thank you : yours is beautiful too! I really like the slit. It's a good way to show off shoes :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:df84bac0-d4d8-44f8-98a0-70b26e9f5f18Post:d32d2412-8f7f-46b0-9269-e8f352521fd5">Re:Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Happy Wednesday!: Thank you : yours is beautiful too! I really like the slit. It's a good way to show off shoes :
    Posted by christinamarie325[/QUOTE]

The slit is actually a hidden zipper, so I can decide whether to have it open or closed, and just how high i want the slit to go.  I'll probably have it zipped closed during the ceremony, but open at the reception once the dancing starts :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:df84bac0-d4d8-44f8-98a0-70b26e9f5f18Post:921b10e4-5a65-46b1-9790-413e2be3abec">Re:Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Happy Wednesday! : The slit is actually a hidden zipper, so I can decide whether to have it open or closed, and just how high i want the slit to go.  I'll probably have it zipped closed during the ceremony, but open at the reception once the dancing starts :)
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

<div>That's really cool! Sounds like a great idea :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A zipper?!  That's really cool!  I think zipping it (either all the way, or most of the way, depending on mobility) for the ceremony and unzipping it later is a great idea!   I like things to look more formal and modest for church, and then a little more relaxed for the reception -- it sets the tone for the two, you know?  Like, trains and bustles, jacket to no jacket, or veil then headband....I've always enjoyed those little changes.

• Yeah, I was really excited when the bridal consultant showed me the zipper, it definitely was a plus for the dress!  It's nice because I can keep it more modest for the church (it seems plenty easy to walk around in even w/ no slit) along with my long veil, then I can have it bustled, slit added, and change to a hairpiece for the reception - totally different look!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards