Catholic Weddings
Options

First Communion gift?

We just got invited to witness my cousin's First Communion, and her family is having a small party afterwards.  I'm so excited to go, since we haven't seen them since Christmas!  I'm a bit stuck on what to give her as a gift though.  Her aunts and grandparents have all the typical religious gifts covered, plus her school already gave her a Children's Bible, so my husband and I would prefer to give something different. 

My husband's go to gift is cash, but I thought a 7 year old might want something more tangible too. (Plus her mom saves cash gifts for the college fund).  I was thinking maybe a pearl bracelet?  She was one of my flowergirls at our wedding in Oct, and I almost got them pearl bracelets with their initials on them.  (Instead I went with bears from build a bear).  Would that be an appropriate gift? Any other ideas?
Maureen & Jonathan - Married 10-9-10 | Expecting our first child 05-04-13 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: First Communion gift?

• Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think a pearl bracelet is a nice gift. Can you get the kind that you can add to on special occasions.

Your H's idea of cash is good but i understand wanting something more personal.

I'd suggest a rosary but 7 is too young to really appreciate it.  Perhaps Confirmation is a better time for that.
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a pearl bracelet would be a really nice gift.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a small jewelry box with her name engraved on it?  That's what I gave my niece two years ago and she keeps in on her dresser. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe a lovely cross to hang on the wall, something with her name and ate on it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards