Catholic Weddings

Tuesdays daily Post

Hey ladies,
I don't know if we are still doing this, but if we are I thought I would start it.  It seems like it has been pretty slow around here lately.  I know I haven't been on here much because school just started again and I've been trying to get into the swing of things.  How was everyones weekend?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Tuesdays daily Post

• edited December 2011
    My weekend was great!  I got to go visit FI for his birthday.  I surprised him with a homemade cheesecake, as well as some gifts.  We had a wonderful weekend, balanced between some quality alone time playing games and chatting, along with some time with his friends. 

I just started my first official TCOYF chart on Friday, and I'm already super confused and don't know what to write for my observations.   I hope this gets easier!!! 

• lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    yeah, I've noticed too it's been kind of slow! I've kind of been waiting for another drama post to start up again... (just kidding, just kidding...!)

Resa- totally ok! Just give it time! I've heard it takes at least 3-6 months for many women to even become comfortable with the differences! I'm still pretty new at it myself and have lots of days that just get a "?"

My weekend was pretty great, I got to spend some really good time with FI's family, including his extended family! I am so blessed to be marrying into a great family! (It's also weird for me, cuz I don't have any cousins anywhere near my age, but he has tons, so there's always people to talk to about wedding planning and stuff! fun!)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Lala -- thanks!  It makes me feel better to hear others say that they get confused, or that it takes some getting used to.  I feel like so many people just say "it's so easy!" and that makes me want to give up, because it's not easy for me.  I had to chart a few years ago for my doctor, and it was so hard that I switched doctors so I wouldn't be asked to chart! 

• KamakananiKamakanani member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My weekend was full of ups and downs.... Stepmom lost an uncle on Thurs (somewhat expected - liver cancer).  Got lots of errands run, spent an enlightening day on Saturday w/ FI and a good portion of his extended family.  We went to his uncle's for "lunch" at 12:30.  Got home at 10.  Yes, there was food the ENTIRE time.  Thought I would explode!

Sunday was fine.... until just after dinner when I had a random allergic reaction to something (still not sure what).  I ended up with hives all over my face, swelling one eyelid so I could barely open it, and just itchy all over.  Retrospect - should have gone to urgent care so I'd have some record of the attack for my MR and for insurance to prove it happened to make an allergy panel approval easier.  Hindsight is 20/20, though, and FI was a doll and did what he could to make me more comfy, and just let me sleep as much as I wanted yesterday.  Hooray for long weekends. 

Back to the grind today, but giving my eyes 1 more day off from contacts, just to be sure.  And doing a load of laundry tonight washing EVERYTHING I wore on Sunday just to be sure it doesn't come back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I also had a fabulous weekend with family and friends! I didn't want it to end.

It has been windy and cool here, so I think fall is upon us but not sure. One can never be sure with Ohio weather.

Right now I am at work on my lunch break. The day is flying by.
  • edited December 2011
    Kamakanani -- that's so scary!  I hope you're able to figure out what caused the reaction so you can avoid it in the future!! 

Is anyone here a football fan?  I'm getting excited for the season to start!!! 

• catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tuesdays-daily-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:e638abb4-4b47-48cd-ad06-beb0bb2492a7Post:ea324166-335a-4a31-8d89-421bec39e335">Re: Tuesdays daily Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also had a fabulous weekend with family and friends! I didn't want it to end. It has been windy and cool here, so I think fall is upon us but not sure. One can never be sure with Ohio weather. Right now I am at work on my lunch break. The day is flying by.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

You moved back to Ohio?!  I'm so jealous.  I want to move back so bad.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • KamakananiKamakanani member
    edited December 2011
    Resa - It was pretty freaky.  I went from fine to blotchy in about 15 minutes.... Thankfully it responded to an antihistamine, so it was most definitely an allergic reaction - cue the call to the doc to get a referral for an allergy panel... and being turned into a giant checkerboard of test.  

But yeah, I'm getting excited to watch my Chargers do fine until the Post-season.... yet again.  Love my bolts tho!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I'm a Bengals fan, which is a tough thing to be lol.  We have a good season every 5 years or so, but the rest of the time it's dismal. 

• chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tuesdays-daily-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:e638abb4-4b47-48cd-ad06-beb0bb2492a7Post:a785f959-3ea1-4958-b6e8-95ffd01419e4">Re: Tuesdays daily Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kamakanani -- that's so scary!  I hope you're able to figure out what caused the reaction so you can avoid it in the future!!  <strong>Is anyone here a football fan?  I'm getting excited for the season to start!!! </strong>
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

YESSSSSS!
    And no worries on the charting, I'm still confused as heck too.  Did you start when you had your period?  That usually makes it easier, rather than starting to chart midcycle. I forgot to take my temp two days in a row this weekend and I feel bad.... oh well.
    I started school today! I love my kids, I love my job, I love being home for dinner!  I feel so blessed!
  • doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tuesdays-daily-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:e638abb4-4b47-48cd-ad06-beb0bb2492a7Post:4d131537-d0d5-47fc-b37e-34f47098e4c0">Re: Tuesdays daily Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I'm a Bengals fan, which is a tough thing to be lol.  We have a good season every 5 years or so, but the rest of the time it's dismal. 
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

Heh, we're going to the Browns-Bengals game on Sunday.  Go Browns!  :-P.

Oh, and hey everyone.  I am so happy it's cooler outside now!  I'm getting settled into my job (which I love) and am getting close to being finished with the publication edits my grad school boss is still requesting.  I'll be happy when that's done done and I have my free time back!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • edited December 2011
    Chelsea -- I started on the frst day of the cycle...but now I'm not sure that WAS the first day because my period only last like, half a day and then another day of spotting.  Who knows lol?  BTW I love your new pic!  So pretty!

Docta-- glad you like your new job!  Also, I'm jealous you get to go to the game!  I've never been to a Bengals game.  Oh well...GO BENGALS! 

• shawna127shawna127 member
    edited December 2011
    Resa- Your FI's birthday was this weekend, so was my FI's :o)  His was on Monday.

Kamakanani-  Your reaction sounds scary! I'm gald you're feeling better!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards