Catholic Weddings
Options

Questions I should ask?

Ok Ladies,

I was hoping you can help me with one last thing today!

What questions should i ask the father about the wedding.

I know i need to ask about the dress code. But what other things do i need to ask him about what is allowed what isn't what we need what we don't. What is expected of us.ect.

thanks ladies you all are a big help!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions I should ask?

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Pre-Cana requirements and where you can take the classes.

FOCCUS test

frequency of your meetings with the priest

see if they have the Together for Life booklet (my church has one that they drafted specifically for our parish)

attire - I asked about strapless/shoulder requirements for me and the BMs, and if my BM with a back tattoo needed to cover it (he said strapless and tattoos are fine as long as everyone looks tasteful)

he asked if we wanted pew bows and an aisle runner (we don't). Also said that the Easter lilies on the altar are a good alternative to buying florist arrangements. He was glad to hear that we wanted to keep the decor simple.

We're havnig our second meeting with him next week and we're bringing our Pre-Cana certificate. I mentioned that we've been looking through the booklet for readings, but he said to wait until we talk to him because he wants to talk to us about how the liturgy works.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would clear the types of songs you can have, my fiances church that we are marrying in, only allow Christian songs to be sung...unless we get another one preapproved.

I am not Catholic, so I am very interested in hearing other things to get cleared by the church??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sawahleeesawahleee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mbcdefg pretty much covered it all =).... good luck!
    Visit The Knot!PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. We have had our intial meeting with the father at end of Jan.

We have already started to take our Marriage Prep Classes ( we took one on Saturday the 6th and going to a retreat he recommened in May).

He talked about our Foccus test for a few minutes.

I will need to talk to him about tatoos becuase i have a few on my back and soon to be hubby has some on his arms. I know i need to ask about the dress code..

I just didn't know what else we needed to get cleared through the church.

THanks  all of your input!
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask if the flower girl can throw petals, if the guests can throw rice or bubbles or anything, if you can have a recieving line,  an aisle runner, decorations of any sort other than what you hold, dress code, music rules, how much they require you to donate and how, pre cana requirements and forms, ask about rules for the photographer: does he need to stand in the back, can he use a flash, etc.  Ask about times available for weddings. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also ask about how long before and after the ceremony you and/or your vendors can be in the church.  Because of other masses happening that day, my florist can't decorate the church (we're doing only minimal decorations) until 30 minutes before the ceremony.  We also have to be finished taking pictures and leave 30 minutes after the end of the ceremony.
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks ladies. You actually helped me out a lot and reminded me of things I need to ask :o)
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies you all are a big help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards