Catholic Weddings
Options

did your priest come to the reception?

we'll be inviting our priest to the reception and i was just curious for those of you that invited your priest did he actually come to the reception? i figure often they are so busy that they wouldn't have time.

Re: did your priest come to the reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our priest did not come.  He told us that he very rarely attends wedding receptions, unless he's related to the bride and groom.
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We had three plus a deacon.  The deacon, uncle of the bride, did attend with his wife.  Two of he priests were on the alter because they were friends of the FOB and MOG.

The pastor of the church was invited but did not attend.  It was not the "home church' of the B&G so we really didn' expect him to attend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our deacon and his wife both came to the reception. They have been friends with my family for more than 30 years, so it only seemed natural.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our priest was going to come to the reception, but he was asked to do a teen mass that evening.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yes, but he's a pretty good friend of my family.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    our priest came to teh RD, and would have come to the reception, but he had to do a baptism right after our wedding so he had to decline.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No. He even told us that it's nothing personal, but that in his experience unless he's an old friend of the family that someone gets assisgned to make dure Fr. has fun and he feels awkward, so he chooses to forgo it.
  • Options
    lburkey21lburkey21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our priest normally doesn't attend the receptions but since he is flying out of state to do our wedding, he'll be attending the RD and the reception.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my priest is my cousin, so he will be attending the reception, since it will be like a mini-family reunion for the OOT guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker " Love for thy love and hand for hand I give" William Shakespeare
    110 Invitedimage 24 Ready to Partyimage 0 Missing Outimage 86 Making Us Waitimage
    RSVP Deadline: 10.06.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards