Pennsylvania-Central
Options

2 months to go.. time to freak out!!

So despite the fact that I've been engaged for over a year and a half, the time is just CREEPING up on me!! I feel like there are so many little things that failed to come to mind until now..  My to-do list seems to be growing insteaf of shrinking.. AHH! :) 
Also, Whats with EVERY person I know asking me "do you have everything ready to go?"
Seriously.. If i didnt, would you be offering to help me? probably not... okay maybe thats a bit catty...I dont really mean that.. im just venting :)

Re: 2 months to go.. time to freak out!!

• Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Woah! Deep breaths!!! First thing I would do is go over your To Do list and cross off anything that isn't absolutely necessary. Second thing is STOP adding to the list! Also enlist all the help you can get, ask your bridal party, friends, family to help you out! Keep in mind, these people aren't your slaves, but I'm sure one of your BMs or close friends would be willing to help you out!  Everything will work itself out!  Take deep breaths and focus on the truly important things on your list.  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha, I can commiserate. When I was at that point, I started getting angry with people who would say to me, "It's all coming together now, huh?" I wanted to yell at them, "The only reason it's COMING TOGETHER is because I'm PUTTING IT TOGETHER thankyouverymuch!!!"

Also, I second pp's suggestion to start removing things off your list. Put yourself in that place of "Will I REALLY care on the day of?" and just start nixing things. And maybe some of those people asking dumb questions really would be willing to help? I employed a couple of my friends in the last weeks to help me do stuff like make the table numbers and finish up the programs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can so relate to that!  I am a few days before you.   I have been sorting through the list and taking things off that aren't a must.  I asked people who would be willing to help and I was shocked with the amount of people that stepped up.  I would definitely ask your friends for help. 
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya! We're almost date twins (I'm the 15th) and I have an official "meltdown" every 2-3 days :)

Maybe you just need to re-organize. Do you have a master list of everything that needs to be finished? You definitely want to start cutting your list down and stop adding to it if at all possible. And remember, not every single thing on the to do list is equally important. Maybe some of the things that were originally on your list are not even worth the headache at this point.

Let us know if you need help with anything! Wine helps me :)

extoria, I want to scream the same thing at people! Oh, I also want to scream "I'd be doing much better if you'd just send in your rsvp!!!!!!"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

From experience...these freak-outs are normal, and will pass.  I agree with all PP's.  Making the master list and going through it will be a big help. TK's list really helped me out A LOT!  I was so anal that I would not check off something, even if it was almost done, until it was D.O.N.E DONE!  Some stuff has to wait until closer to the time.  Make a list of all the things you CAN do now and start on them.  It will come together.  It is annoying when you feel that you are the only one doing everything, and worrying about everything.  Delegation, once your list is in place, can be a wonderful thing.  See if your FI is willing to do these things with you, and or even help with the list. 

Another word of advice.  Some things just don't matter...they matter to you, but the day of, they don't matter.  Things that DH and I were so concerned about didn't even happen (i.e. signature cocktail...thanks reception venue for dropping that ball).  Guess what, day of I wasn't thinking ANYTHING about that. Our day was still perfect.  In retrospect I am still ticked about that. But that's not because our wedding was any less special or fantastic!  :)  You will have a great day!  It truly does go by sooooo fast. Don't sweat the small stuff.  Take a day out to organize all of these thoughts and plans.  It'll fall together! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards