Pennsylvania-Central

June 2012 Vendor Reviews

Venue: Cameron Estate Inn, Mount Joy B+
The grounds at the Cameron are absolutely gorgeous, we had a beautiful outdoor ceremony. The wedding coordinator, Rachel always responded to my emails within a day or two, and she was very accommodating. The catering staff the day of was awesome. The reason for the B+ is that food is just OK. It was edible, there was enough of it, but for the price I wish it had been better. It was just standard, bland wedding food.

Photographer: Fig Tree Photography (Matthew Wright)- A
I LOVE my photos, and I am as picky as a person can be. Matthew was very easy to work with, I felt really comfortable with him. His style is photojournalism and I love the natural look of our photos He is based more in the Philly area but traveled to Lancaster without an additional Fee. His price for the photo journalism style is definitely on the lower end, and the best part is he gives you a disc of the high resolution images and you are free to print them wherever you like. 

Hair: Melissa McHugh A+
I LOVED LOVED LOVED Melissa and her work. She did four women's hair: mine, my sister/MOH, MIL, and MOB. My sister and I both have stick straight hair and the curl lasted all day, and in my sister's case she didn't take her hair out until the NEXT day and it was still very curly. I can't praise Melissa enough! And her price is cheaper than most salons, and she comes to your venue!

Makeup: Face the Occasion (Jill Fulop) A-
Jill was great, I loved my makeup and the work she did on the other ladies. I loved the makeup trial, I got to try whatever I wanted to see what worked. The only reason for the A- is that she was half an hour late the day of the wedding, and TBH, I'm not sure if she was genuinely late or my WP gave her the wrong time. We were still ready in plenty of time since I padded the schedule A LOT.

DJ: Silver Sound (Adam Moyer) A
My H HATES wedding DJs. And he is the pickiest person when it comes to music, so Adam had his work cut out for him. He listened to all of our restrictions, fears, etc and we were so happy with his work.  He is located more in the Philly area but traveled to Lancaster without a fee. His price is also VERY VERY low. 

Flowers: Flower Designs of Mount Joy A+++++++++++++++++++++++
Seriously...you guys...hire Jill. I didn't have photos of exactly what I wanted because I couldn't FIND anything that matched what I wanted. My family is really allergic to flowers so I needed plants & succulents, so all I told Jill was I wanted everything to be green and lots of texture. I was completely blown away with the work that Jill and her team did. We got so many compliments on the decor and I feel like usually most people don't notice/remember the centerpieces. Also, her prices are extremely reasonable, given the work that she does. We paid less than $1000 for everything. 

Cake: Lancaster Cupakes A+
We wanted cupcakes instead of cake and some girls on this board recommended Lancaster Cupcakes. Seriously the BEST CUPCAKES I have ever tasted. We ordered our cupcake tower and a minicupcake assortment that was meant to be favors for people to take home. I was so paranoid we would have a lot of cupcakes left over but nope! They were all devoured. Most of the favors didn't even make it home. Emily (the baker) was so easy to work with, she accommodated all of my requests (Without charging anything extra!) and my photographer said they were the best cupcakes he's ever had (and lord knows he has eaten a lot of wedding cake!). Emily is seriously the best in the business!

Hotel Blocks: Eden Resort (A-) Mainstay Suites (A-)
We had a block of ten rooms at each hotel. I love the Eden, it's a really nice hotel. We did not get much of a price break (about $10-20 per room). The MainStay gave us a great price (i think it was $89.99/room) but it was a little harder to get them on phone.

Morning After Breakfast: Eden Resort A
We hosted a breakfast the morning after the wedding at the Eden Resort and it was wonderful. The Eden was very easy to work with, I just gave them an estimated number of people (Which ended up being waaaay lower than the 46 people who showed up!) and they set up a separate area for us. They were very understanding considering we had almost twice as many people as I told them! 

Wedding Planner: A Little Soiree (Kelsey Gilland) C
I hired Kelsey for partial wedding planning and I was, on the whole, very disappointed. On a positive note, I loved all the vendors that she recommended. However, I was just very very frustrated with her communication. She would take 1-2 weeks to resond to every email, miss phone calls we had scheduled, etc. I don't want to enumerate all the problems I had with her, feel free to PM me for more information.

Lastly, we were married with a self-uniting license and it was the most amazing experience of my life. H and I are both atheists and we live in NYC, so we don't have a relationship with any judges/mayors, etc. Self-uniting was the best decision we made and I would be more than happy to give others information about our experience. Please feel free to PM me with any questions about self-uniting, or if you would like info, pictures, etc for the vendors above. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards