Catholic Weddings
Options

relief!

So I was nervous about meeting with our Priest last night but it was fine! We weren't sure what to expect since it seems to vary from Parish to Parish and Priest to Priest. He was really nice and wanted to just really find out about the two of us. It was pretty much an hour long chat session! Of course he interviewed us separately as well to ask the procedural questions, but overall it was pretty laid back and comfortable.

It turns out that our pre-cana isn't super extensive either. We didn't get a choice of the classes or engaged encounter or the sponsor couple. We are to attend 1 full day of pre-cana class and have 3 meetings with him. Has anyone else done this format?

I'm not nervous about it anymore! Now I'm really excited! I wish it wasn't so far off!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: relief!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours was much more involved than that. I am surprised he even wanted to start it since you are still pretty far out from your wedding date. Glad to hear things went well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!

Yea I agree that it IS really early. I had called him to secure the date and he wanted to meet with us ASAP. I'm glad we did though because he said there are an unusual amount of August weddings next year. I guess we have plenty of time to pick those readings huh? We probably will wait til next year to take our class. He recommended we do it before our first meeting with him NEXT MAY!
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we had the intro session, and then 3 sessions with the priest.  no formal classes or sessions with lay persons.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    O ok so its not completely unusual then! How did you like it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm so glad it's all going so well for you! we had our first meeting with our priest almost a year and a half out. then we waited a few months and did our questionnaire with him. we'll be doing the pre-cana classes (two Saturdays) in September and the wedding is in October. we had one other meeting with our priest to go over readings and a few other questions about the ceremony/options and that should be it with him. it's been a nice, leisurely process. best of luck with everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like its moving right along with you as well! He said we'd be doing the questionairre too but I'm not sure when he wants to bring us in for that. It seemed as if he wanted to wait for our next meeting next year! Good luck with everything and thanks for sharing! :)
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i enjoyed ours.  it was very faith based, and discussed the meaning of a catholic marriage, the sacrament, etc.  none of that compatability/foccus stuff. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have been meeting with Father since March - almost every Monday evening, depending on his schedule.  BUT that's because my FI was baptized but he needed to complete the baptism and the other 2 sacraments.  We are almost done with those sessions and then we have Catholic Engaged Encounter in August(Father requested we go 6 months out and we missed out on July) but then we're done until closer to the wedding :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am glad that everything worked out. Our first meeting with the preist was super laid back too.
    We have a full day of pre-cana and an engaged encounter. I think it evens out to the three sessions with a preist.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker " Love for thy love and hand for hand I give" William Shakespeare
    110 Invitedimage 24 Ready to Partyimage 0 Missing Outimage 86 Making Us Waitimage
    RSVP Deadline: 10.06.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards