Texas
Options

New here in the Midland/Odessa area

Sweetie and I are getting married July 7, 2012 and are trying to find a decent venue.  I have looked at Kesslers but it is too big for our small wedding and would take over half our budget.  I have thought about using the building at Monahans or the Hathoway Cottage in Odessa.  I would love to find something nice and off beat but that is hard to locate out here.  Any one out here have any great ideas?  I haven't looked at the two places mentioned yet....plan on taking a visit in a week or two.

Re: New here in the Midland/Odessa area

• Options
    Hey i live in monahans and tried checking out some places here, the only thing that i can tell you is the problem about monahans is that is oilfield town and not everyone that works here lives here so they have to use the hotels that we have. If you want to get a room for you guests i would have them start booking now and i mean like right this minute. This town is so full and does not have enought places for everyone to live. To be honest it would be better to have it in Odessa or Midland just for the fact you can get hotel and motel rooms for everyone. I would not suggest kesslers hall yes it is nice but to much money and in my opinion very dirty. I was going to get the horseshoe arena but it got book for my day but it is affordable. There is the Shack in the back (a little expensive for me), Willows (expensive), Barndoor ( i just booked it today and it is affordable), Chamber Garden ( cheap but it is because they really dont include anything you have to bring tables and chairs basically everything that your going to need), Cuthbert masion ( expensive). These are the places that i checked out and did some research on live. Here is a website that i found the addresses and wedsite on http://www.weddingmapper.com/g/tx/midland/planning/venues_and_vendors
    you can change the city to where ever but good luck i hope you find a place. Cool They are having a bridal show next Sunday at the CAF building. Pretty much anyone and everyone will be there for weddings. i bet you can also find places there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What is the CAF building.  How can I find the info on the bridal show??  We are new to the area so I am still learning.  Thanks for all your info. 
  • Options
    The CAF building is at the airport. you take 1788 towards the airport and you will see signs. you can go to google and type in Permian Basin Bridal Association Bridal Fair 2012 and it will bring it up. i kow how you feel we moved to midland over a year ago and then moved to monahans in august so we are still getting to know the area. good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks!!!  I appreciate all your help!
  • Options
    Hi. I really like your idea about the Hathaway Cottage. I hope that works out for you, I think it would be awesome and definitely off beat. 
    Another place to consider is the Ellen Noel Art Museum. They rent out their galleries and the garden. If you are having a smaller wedding I think it would be awesome to do it in the garden. 

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    oh I will have to check into the Art Museum.  I need a date with sweetie...away from teens....so I will check it out!  I am still waiting on a call back from the Hathaway Cottage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards