Illinois
Options

HELP!!! Photographers and DJs and Florists, Oh my!

Hello everyone!  So I am getting married in Naperville, IL on June 30, 2012. I have my venues booked, my colors/theme decided, invites designed, and bridal party chosen.  However, now we are stuck on the photographer, dj, and florist. There seems to be so many; I dont know where to start.  Does any one have any recommendations?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: HELP!!! Photographers and DJs and Florists, Oh my!

• Options
    edvedv
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Doll - My sister is looking for a florist too! One that she is thinking about  will be at the Downers Grove Wedding Walk! Visit www.dgbride.com for the details! All the vendors in one day! That is what i am hoping for my sister at least!! www.dgbride.com. Chance to win a honeymoon too!! I am hoping if my sister wins the honeymoon she will take me! :)  These decisions are soo hard! I ended up with a horrible photographer but a great florist. Best of luck to you!!
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with a small florist in Oak Lawn called The Avenue.  It is a florist/wine bar.  I know, I wish I would have thought of it too.  My wedding is April 30th so I can not say how they are the day of but our person, Tiffany, has been extreemely helpful.  I originally wanted a baby's breath centerpiece.  Four florists simply gave me prices.  Tiffany actually made me aware that large amounts of baby's breath stinks  Tiffany even went so far to talk me into using carnations and did example centerpieces to help us cut cost.  She did this prior to us even signing a contract.

Again, haven't had the day of experience yet but I have nothing but great things to say right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend (and a few of her friends) are using Flowers by Steen in Lockport. She is supposed to have GREAT pricing because she doesn't have a store front. Her work is supposed to be amazing as well. I am almost positive this is who we are going with also.

Here are some other reviews: http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/flowers-by-steen

As for a photographer, I am using Kat Eye. Her prices are reasonable and she also gives you rights to the photos so you can print them up yourself! Much cheaper.

http://www.kateyememories.com/Kat_Eye_Photography/Home.html

Best of Luck!
  • Options
    Doll3306Doll3306 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!!! This helps so much!!!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    ctfaddenctfadden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey all, I have seen flowers done by the Avenue in Oak Lawn done before and they were gorgeous... As far as photographers I have shopped around and Timothy Whaley and Assocaiates seem to be giving you the most for your money, with discounts, incentives, etc...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FloristL Avant Gardenia
    Photographer: Ashley Biess Phototpgrahy
    DJ: Something 2 Dance 2 (my personal fave, they have party props and fun little games guests can play  to get the bride and groom to kiss instead of the clinking of the glasses)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    photographer:paytons photography
    (the main photographer named her company after her daughter  and give you the right to you pix;-) very cool people...
    http://www.paytonsphotography.com

flowers; my FMIL best friend they garden together - cindy(she works at the jewel floral dept in naperville)

good luck!!

any ideas on videographer near joliet/channahon?
    August 2011 siggy challenge: Fur Baby! Photobucket
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now that the wedding is over.  The Avenue did an amazing job with the flowers were beautiful and everything arrived on time, labeled.  Tiffani even helped the day of.  We order a bouquet of flowers and bottle of wine for my mil because she was hosting people in between.  We neglected to order it prior and Tiffani made it happen that day without any problems.  My mil loved it too!

The photographer, Matthew Kuehl, was amazing.  He was professional and the photos were perfect.  Only a month later and I have all the photos on a cd with rights.  He had all the photos online in 2 weeks and put a preview album on facebook only days later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Feel free to contact us at http://joebeckentertainment.com for any and all of your DJ/Entertainment needs. Entertainment Plus has been around for over 25 years servicing the central Illinois and Chicago area with a focus on quality, not quantity. Feel free to inquire about a free quote or contact us through the website for any other questions. We look forward to hear from you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can try Windy City Mix.  We ended booking them for DJ and Video services.  I know they also provide photography services as well.  The price for all three were amazing.  http://www.windycitymix.com

For flowers we are going to use a local shop that is real good friends with my dad.

We also really liked Jazi Photography.  She was wonderful and her portfolio was awesome but kinda pricey.  http://www.jaziphoto.com

Hope this helps,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Florist:
    Avant Gardenia
    Town and Country Gardens

Photographers:
    Salvatore Cincotta Photography
    Tim Coughlin Photography
    Denver Smith Photography
    CWC Video Production
    Loftus
    Misty Winter Photography

DJ:
    David Rothstein

Most of these companies are going to be at The Wedding Salon in Chicago coming up this Monday. I'm going to check out some great vendors. If you're interested in any of these, you should attend. Ill send you more info from an email I received

The Wedding Salon

Monday, October 3rd, 2011

4 PM – 8 PM

The W City Center, Chicago

Find the Best Resources for your Wedding!

For Complimentary Tickets ($50 value, admits 2) use code

CBNC at weddingsalon.com or call 212.631.7777

·         See a Couture Fashion Show by Jenny Yoo & the latest trends in table decor, photography, gowns, invitations & more

·         Beauty Makeovers by Saks Fifth Avenue Chicago featuring Laura Mercier and Giorgio Armani

·         Magical Honeymoon Giveaways, Cocktails, Cake Tastings, Gift Bags …

• Options
    Hi Nicole!

My name is Nicole (great name btw..lol) and my husband & I do Wedding Photography! Check us out at www.shootfirstphotos.com

Great rates, quick turn over and high quality images! 

Good luck to you & hope to hear from you soon. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards