Illinois
Options

Ceremony/Reception locations in or near Galesburg IL

I'm trying to find a place to have our wedding and reception around the Galesburg area. We dont want to get married in a church and were looking for something more original.. I am stumped. Any suggestions?

Re: Ceremony/Reception locations in or near Galesburg IL

• Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Welcome :) 

We're currently debating b/w G-burg or having a DW in a place we both love near the Ozarks.

Here's the list I've come up with for places in the immediate area for non-church ceremonies and/or receptions.  Wide variety based on formality, size, and budget.  Also note the currently the city doesn't allow alcohol at LSP or GCC, although they've been discussing the possibility of changing that.

Lincoln Park Gazebo
    Standish Park Gazebo
    Lake Storey Pavilion
    Galesburg Community Center
    The Kensington
    Lake Bracken Country Club
    Monmouth Country Club (Monmouth)
    Soangetaha Country Club
    Best Western Plus Prairie Inn
    Walnut Grove Farm (Knoxville)
    Orpheum Theatre
    Indian Creek Vineyard (Toulon)
    Knights of Columbus Hall
    Legends Banquest Hall

I also think St. Mary's Chapel in Knoxville is adorable, and it's not a parish church.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    karenajanekarenajane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose Walnut Grove Farm in Knoxville, IL -- not far from Galesburg at all. They have a grove of walnut trees where the ceremony can be held...as well as a huge barn that was built in the 1860s. You can host the reception in the barn or provide your own tent. You do have to provide your own tables, chairs, linens, silverware, etc -- but we just rented everything that we needed. Good luck!

http://www.walnutgrovefarm.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards