Illinois
Options

field wedding illinois/wisconsin

im getting married in the fall of 2013 and really want to have the ceremony and reception in a field. something with wild flowers and things like that. looking in the northeast  illinois or even southern wisconsin. any ideas?? 

Re: field wedding illinois/wisconsin

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Hi~ I saw your initial post on the "Outdoor Wedding" board, and saw that you were directed to the "local" boards.  Illinois has three sites, actually, and your best bet would probably be the Illinois/Chicago board.  There are many girls from the northwest suburban area that read that board frequently.

I am not sure how far north you are looking, or what your budget is, but I will offer some suggestions as a "jumping off" point.

The Botanical Gardens will host weddings.  Independence Grove in Libertyville has beautiful grounds.  There are restaurants in Long Grove that may suit your purposes; The Seasons is one in particular you should check.  Lakewood Forest Preserve in Wauconda has also hosted weddings and has some beautiful outdoor areas.  If you are really looking for "nature", look into the Vehe Farm in Deer Park.  I have also heard a lot of good things about the Byron Colby Barn in Grayslake.  There is a newer venue in SE Wisconsin called Strawberry Creek Club in Kenosha.  I have heard that budgets are stretched a little farther in Wisconsin versus Illinois.

I hope that helps a bit.  If you can offer more information regarding number of guests, budget, or any other particulars, it will be easier for others to offer suggestions.

Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_field-wedding-illinoiswisconsin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:0b3438e0-1fb3-4169-8b17-5b06c36d1e35Post:395b0baa-5dc4-4d64-a706-d06e81706d9c">Re: field wedding illinois/wisconsin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi~ I saw your initial post on the "Outdoor Wedding" board, and saw that you were directed to the "local" boards.  Illinois has three sites, actually, and your best bet would probably be the Illinois/Chicago board.  There are many girls from the northwest suburban area that read that board frequently. I am not sure how far north you are looking, or what your budget is, but I will offer some suggestions as a "jumping off" point. The Botanical Gardens will host weddings.  Independence Grove in Libertyville has beautiful grounds.  There are restaurants in Long Grove that may suit your purposes; The Seasons is one in particular you should check.  Lakewood Forest Preserve in Wauconda has also hosted weddings and has some beautiful outdoor areas.  If you are really looking for "nature", look into the Vehe Farm in Deer Park.  I have also heard a lot of good things about the Byron Colby Barn in Grayslake.  There is a newer venue in SE Wisconsin called Strawberry Creek Club in Kenosha.  I have heard that budgets are stretched a little farther in Wisconsin versus Illinois. I hope that helps a bit.  If you can offer more information regarding number of guests, budget, or any other particulars, it will be easier for others to offer suggestions. Good luck!
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>great thank you so much!</div><div>

</div>
  • Options
    I would look into Independence Grove in Libertyville. I have no idea how expensive they are, but it is beautiful there. I know they do weddings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards