Pennsylvania-Central

Invitations

Hey ladies, does anyone have recomendations on wedding invitations??? I am looking for something cheap but doesn't look cheap. :) We are on a very tight budget. Thanks!!

Re: Invitations

• Absolutely look at Michael's! There are quite a few kits to choose from. You have to print them yourself but they give you directions and trial cards. My packs came with the invitations, the envelope, the response card with its envelope, ribbon, and directions cards on how to print as well as recommendations on wording. My packs had 50 invitations in each, and I think I may have spent around $75. Also make sure to look in the Sunday News for Michael's coupons you can use!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • Agreed on make it yourself ones.  We went super cheap and bought sets at Michaels and Jo-ann Fabric.  Might also want to check out the flower and craft warehouse in BlueBall if you're local to the lancaster area?
  • ac moore and michaels def! we went to both places, got lucky and found boxes on sale. we also added rhinestones, ribbon and handmade envelopes to make them look more elegant

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can also design your own if you're brave or find someone cheap to design them (ETSY.com has ones where you can buy the template) then have them printed by a local printer or print them yourself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I second the make yourself invitations...

For mine (check out bio)...I found a design that I liked on ETSY, tweaked it a little and designed it in Power Point. I printed all of the invitations, RSVP Cards, envelopes, Direction Cards, seals/stickers etc through Vista Print and paid about $30 total utilizing a Groupon offer (for invitations which were 5x7), and free  offers (RSVP and Direction Cards). I had to do them in three different transactions to take advantage of the offers.

I purchased pocket folds through Cards and Pockets, along with envelopes.

All told it came out to about $1.50 per invitation not including postage...and I liked having creative control.

Definitely another option if you like doing things like that.
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards