Pennsylvania-Central

Weddings by JDK

Hi, I am new here. I would like to know thoughts on JDK. I am not from the area but my FI is working here so we are getting married in PA. 

Any experience you have had - please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Weddings by JDK

• leigordleigord member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they catered my cousin's wedding about 6 years ago.  Honestly I was not a huge fan of the food or the way it was served but that is the only experience I have with them.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Not a fan either - see my wedding planner review above.  I am searching for a planner and a caterer. I will tell you my findings. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

I'm using them for my June 2011 wedding. If you search this thread for JDK you will find other posts with more info about them. (at bottom of thread, search in current board). I'm living out of town and they have been wonderful to work with so far. I'm working with Kim because she typically does the events at my venue. She has been so helpful with giving me suggestions. She really seems excited to work with me everytime we talk. I did meet with her once and she spent a lot of time figuring out what I wanted. I can't say how the quality of the food is personally, but they have won numerous awards and other reviews had more positive things to say. I understand they are not the cheapest catering option, but they are upfront with all costs. Kim developed a great proposal based on our budget. When i was looking at caterers, I printed the Knot's checklist of questions to ask your caterer, it was helpful for me. Good Luck!!

• edited December 2011
    We're wedding vendors and we weren't overly impressed with them however it was the typical standards in wedding food.  Frozen then thawed and cooked with spices to jazz it up.. eh..  you can do better for the amount of money catering costs.  I'd recommend checking out uncommon caterers in linglestown.  Linda Smeltz is sweet as pie to work with and also cooks everything fresh, nothing is frozen.  She's the only caterer we have on our prefered vendor listing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards