Pennsylvania-Central

uplighting...etc.

I am looking for a place to do some uplighting.. and also wrap lights and tulle around the 4 poles that hold the tent up at my reception venue.  I have only priced shumaker in lancaster so far.. and they quoted my a price that is a bit high for what i have left in my budget.  Any other suggestions as to places that would do it for between 600-800?? my current quote is for around 1200.. YIKES

Re: uplighting...etc.

• Might want to check out JDK.  Dave does an amazing job.  Not sure on the cost though.  Also check with your DJ, a lot are starting to switch over and bring or add that into packages.
  • edited March 2012
    Recently I checked out PDT Shumaker, Jenz Studio and Events Done Bright. I wanted to do some monograms and uplighting. Shumaker was the least inexpensive for the uplighting. I did not want to spend a ton because I wasn't doing anything fancy. I'm not sure what they do for the lighting and tule(draping). I have the projected pricing that goes along with my venue for Jenz and it was around $450 for the uplighting. He also does draping options but I'm not sure of the price.

Also, my DJ does uplighting. his was around $400. I was able to get uplighting and my mongram option from PDT for around $550(which I found to be the most reasonable. Others wanted close to $1,000) As someone mentioned a lot of DJs are starting to do uplighting. You might be able to go with uplighitng for once and draping with another.
  • My DJ, Adam McCallister from Birds Nest productions in York, does uplighting and his was an extra $100 in addition to his package. He may do lighting if he isn't DJing?  Again, as others have said if you already have a DJ you can try them.

If you go with an outside light vendor $1000+ is about average. Yikes I know!
    I have heard of the lighting place called "Events Done Bright" also. You might want to get a quote from them.

Also, you might try renting them yourself. I think most rental places in the area have uplighting avaliable but you have to set it up yourself I believe.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My fiance and his groomsmen are doing DIY uplighting in our venue. We actually had Shumaker come out and look at the venue and we discussed different ideas for lighting and draping and got a quote from them (which was over $1k). My fiance took notes and then we ordered uplighting from diyuplighting.com. No idea how it will turn out, but we're not looking for anything too extravagant. And $300 was a lot better (and fit our budget) than $1000 to give the room a little bit of color and a more formal look.
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • We got our DJ to add it for not much more. The lighting pros charge a lot and seem to be worth it since they really know what they're doing... But this was an extra so we're okay with just a few done by him for the low cost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks i'll check them out

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards