July 2012 Weddings

Re: WTF Wednesday!!!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Well, wouldn't you know that my 100 days would fall on WTF day? LOL

That's my biggest WTF. I can't believe it!  I knew it was coming when I saw the thread for those before me last week, but now that it's really here, I'm going to have to actually do what I said I would do when this day came and really get my butt in gear!

My other WTF is that the church we started going to after we moved was going to take the kids to Dry Gulch.  They've gone every year with our old church and the timing was going to be perfect for the two youngest to go to Dry Gulch with the new chuch the same week that the 2 oldest were going to Youth for the Nations camp with our old church, the week before the wedding.  I was so excited that we would have that week kid free to take care of last minute details and even have some time to ourselves. 

I found out some time ago that the new church missed the deadline and that they weren't going to be able to go.  I was bummed, but such is life.  The kids were bummed because they can't go with our old church as they're going the week of the wedding.  Anyway, I had put down a $150 deposit and they said they would just shred the check.  No worries, right?  Wrong, I go online to reconcile our account with MS Money and there's a $150 check that cleared.  It's been over a month since they said it was canceled and over 2 months since I gave it to them in the first place.

Thankfully, I hadn't paid all the bills or we might have had a real issue.  The childrens director is looking into it and she's afraid that they might have deposited all the other parents' checks, too.  I know a lot of people are super tight moneywise and I just really hope it didn't cause a bunch of overdrafts in their accounts. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

My friend was supposed to come and visit us tomorrow for the weekend and help me chaperone the field trip on Friday. She now cannot make it :( I'm so sad. Not looking forward to the 11 hour bus ride.

I'm tired of trying to find a make up artist to do my make up. Nobody is picking up their phone. I'm annoyed.

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had allergies for 6 years and now all of this pollen is making me feel like crap.  Everytime I swallow my left ear aches.  I just started on allegra d yesterday so I hope that kicks in soon!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I just got an email from our venue. They have us in the book but can't find the contract (that we sent them back in September). So I had to go through my stuff and send it to them. Also, there was a change in who the event planner at the venue is and the new event planner kind of bashed the old event planner (who I loved and have asked that she be brought back for the day of the wedding)...not cool!

Another WTF that makes me kind of a b*tch...my shower is this weekend and my one awesome SIL who is my Matron of Honor and throwing it (yay) but my other crappy SIL still isn't sure when/if they are coming. For those of you who have read other things I've posted, this is the woman who in March decided she is no longer going to do our flowers so I had to start that over again (much better now)...but this crappy SIL is kind of selfish, and there was a tragedy this week in her family (her Aunt & Uncle lost their house this week to a fire) but I have this horrible feeling in my stomach that if she does come, she's going to make it be all about her and her loss...I know that I need to relax, and it's not as if this isn't horrible (I do feel awful that her Aunt and Uncle lost the house)...but no one was injured and they are able to rebuild (have the money, time, location, etc)...am I awful that I'm worried that she'll "steal the spotlight"?
  • Options
    I am so tired, so so tired. I just need a day to sleep in and that isn't going to happen this weekend. Oh, and I think we got talked into paying for 8 more dance lessons last night. Ugh, $480 gone. I know it'll be worth it but why are lessons so freaking expensive?!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday!!!:
    [QUOTEam I awful that I'm worried that she'll "steal the spotlight"?
    Posted by flobear100[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're awful at all.  Bad things happen, but they shouldn't have to overshadow the good things.  My house burned to the ground 9 years ago this November.  We got the kids out, but lost nearly everything.  It's overwhelming and hard, but it's not like HER house burned so she should keep her mouth shut and let you enjoy your day.  I'd personally be hoping she doesn't show.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thank you xobride!
  • Options
    We are getting closer to finding our dream house. Ok, I take that back, we have now found THREE dream houses.  But, they are all expensive, and there is something not 100% ideal about all three of them, and none of them are in the absolute best location.  But, if they were in ideal locations, they would be million dollars homes, which is why we are looking where we are looking, since we can actually afford these homes in the location they are in.  We were out with our realtor looking at homes from 6pm until 10pm last night. It is getting really exhausting and it is stressful and I just want to buy a home and be done already!!!!!!!!!  
  • Options
    my WTF is 100% house related. We started this process back in the beginning to middle of march and found our perfect dream house in our perfect neighborhood. We initially were given a closing date of April 27th. We were told that we "definitely" would close before then. Well...thanks to the sellers' realtor making mistakes not once but twice that pushed us back over two weeks then our paperwork got sent to the wrong office where it sat for 10 days before being sent to the correct office. Now we are in our last week before our contract expires and are starting to panic because every week our paperwork would be there "next week". If this falls through I have no idea how we're going to fix it...and we really don't want to lose our house Frown
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was looking forward to b*tching about how sick I still feel but I'm actually feeling a lot better today. :)

My WTF is regarding my flowers.  My mom's friend was supposed to do the bouquets, bouts, and corsages for us, as well as bring the silk flower arrangements I'm making to the church. 

My mom calls her up last night to talk about setting up a meeting and the lady tells us that she now has the "opportunity of a lifetime" to take a trip to Portugal the week before my wedding and doesn't know if she can do my flowers anymore.  She won't know until the end of this month if the trip is definite or not, either.

It is going to absolutely blow my budget out of the water if I have to go to a real florist for our bouquets.  I don't have enough silk flowers to make any of them myself, either.  It's also really last-minute, and I'm afrad I won't be able to find anyone available.

I'm trying to be understanding about her situation, but I'm still really pissed off.  Of all the weeks in the entire year it's the one week where you knew you had an obligation that you already agreed to?  Convenient....
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My FMIL said that she would host the rehearsal dinner, but asked if we would look at a few places that we had in mind while we were in San Diego...we did, and they weren't what we were hoping for/looking for. I gave her a few more ideas after the trip and gave her the contact information, websites, and anything else she might need.  I asked hr yesterday if there was any progress...she asked me if there was any place I would like her to look into.  WTF???  Didn't I give you a long detailed description of the places that we DID check out and the ones I WANTED you to check out? She hasn't done ANYTHING for it.  No phone calls, no emails, no nothing...I'm anticipating I'll be buying some pizza at the hotel for the rehearsal dinner at this point,,,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    Butterfly- I totally understand girl. FI went to go see some yesterday, and his thoughts "Okay." There is always something about a house that we just dont like, or is inconvenient or whatnot. 
    Im with you- I just want to find it and buy it already!!!! Gah. 

Anyways- I dont know that I really have a new WTF this week. Except that its 3 months til the big day on friday. And my DIY projects, are not really started. And theres a lot left to do before that. So im a little freaked out, but I dont know that there is much I can do before RSVPs come back, or I hear yay or nay on a hairdresser (she has to check a work schedule.) 

Oh- and that ive asked FI 4 times to get his co-worker and friend addresses that we dont have yet, and he hasnt done that. so thats annoying. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9a42fe39-8829-4d37-bc42-ad4022cb417bPost:d677698b-e7a9-4264-8d2c-b051a83586bb">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]. It is going to absolutely blow my budget out of the water if I have to go to a real florist for our bouquets.  I don't have enough silk flowers to make any of them myself, either.  It's also really last-minute, and I'm afrad I won't be able to find anyone available. I'm trying to be understanding about her situation, but I'm still really pissed off.  Of all the weeks in the entire year it's the one week where you knew you had an obligation that you already agreed to?  Convenient....
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

I would be livid about this. That's why I like having contracts with people, even if you don't anticipate anything coming up. It's awkward, of course . . . but then at least there's some concrete plan in place. I'm so sorry! I really hope this works out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    k8888: that absolutely sucks. the lawyer in me would have had her sign a contract even if she was a family friend. I would be livid, like bridetobe said! I am sure you could have easily afforded a florist if you had budgeted it in at the beginning of your wedding planning....but if I suddenly had an extra couple thousand of dollars that I needed to budget for, I would be screwed! I hope it works out....

elizabethmae I am glad I am not the only one going through the house hunting agony!!! ugh. our dream house has a TINY TINY yard, and our realtor is afraid that would affect our resale value since it is a classic family home (and it could potentially suck for our future children).  We don't know what to do.  house hunting is SO HARD! especially when both of you are perfectionists and super picky and have REALLY high end taste...like fiance and I do. sigh.

Nikki stories like yours are terrifying to me now that I am searching for a home!!! I hope everything works out for you, girl! keep us updated!
  • Options
    I have one small WTF's today I have been so busy with work that I have neglected wedding stuff for the last three months and I'm really stressed out.  My anti-WTF's are tax season ended yesterday, I'm off today and its gorgeous out, and we got word that we were definitely closing on our house next Tuesday!

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9a42fe39-8829-4d37-bc42-ad4022cb417bPost:d677698b-e7a9-4264-8d2c-b051a83586bb">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]...she now has the "opportunity of a lifetime" to take a trip to Portugal the week before my wedding and doesn't know if she can do my flowers anymore.  She won't know until the end of this month if the trip is definite or not, either. It is going to absolutely blow my budget out of the water if I have to go to a real florist for our bouquets.  I don't have enough silk flowers to make any of them myself, either.  It's also really last-minute, and I'm afrad I won't be able to find anyone available. I'm trying to be understanding about her situation, but I'm still really pissed off.  Of all the weeks in the entire year it's the one week where you knew you had an obligation that you already agreed to?  Convenient....
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG I am so sorry! I totally relate and just want to hug you via the internet. I would start looking into local florists and see if anyone can help and how much it might be. Maybe even think about changing up your plans a little bit to make it work for your budget.</div><div>
    </div><div>Can this woman at least get you the silk flowers or anything to help you out?</div>
  • Options
    So I've never posted on this board on Wednesdays because life has been pretty good the last few weeks with nothing to complain about. Last night I totally had a melt down though. My MOH is stressing me out about hotel rooms in Vegas for the Bachelorette Party. There are 12-14 girls going and she is trying to figure out how to get everyone to pay and how to reserve the rooms. It really pissed me off when she asked me last night if I could pay for one of the rooms then people would send me money. Ummm no! I don't think so. Also every other bachelorette party I've been to, everyone chips in and covers the brides hotel cost. it comes down to less than $10 pp if everyone throws in and is a nice gesture. Doesn't sound like they are going to do that for me which sucks. So I don't mind paying, but would be nice. I know I sound like a total B after saying that. it's not abut the money, it's more the thought. So now one of my bridesmaid's asked if her roommate can come with her so she has someone to drive with. I've met this girl before and really don't care for her. I'm going to pick my battles and not fight it. Then another friend wants to just come for 1 night and that totally screws up things with rooms and pricing. I really don't like how my MOH is putting these problems on me. I have a whole wedding to coordinate and when table assignments come I'm pretty sure I'll hate life after dealing with who to room who with just for 14 girls. My mom hasn't ordered our invitations yet and is going out of town on Monday for a week. I asked her if she could please try and place the order before leaving town. Then on top of everything I'm dissapointed in how Im not where I wanted to be weight loss wise. Just frustrating, I don't like all of the pressure. Ugh! Sorry for being so long!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, girls... I've never even met my mom's friend so I kind of left it in her hands to deal with.  Serves me right, I guess!

I'm sure I'll eventually be able to find someone else to do them if I have to go that route.  There's hundreds of floral shops around here.  I'll also plant a money tree so hopefully I'll have some extra funds to pay for them.  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9a42fe39-8829-4d37-bc42-ad4022cb417bPost:56946a1d-8b24-4fe1-8a97-3b9a0b162bbf">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I've never posted on this board on Wednesdays because life has been pretty good the last few weeks with nothing to complain about. Last night I totally had a melt down though. My MOH is stressing me out about hotel rooms in Vegas for the Bachelorette Party. There are 12-14 girls going and she is trying to figure out how to get everyone to pay and how to reserve the rooms. It really pissed me off when she asked me last night if I could pay for one of the rooms then people would send me money. Ummm no! I don't think so. Also every other bachelorette party I've been to, everyone chips in and covers the brides hotel cost. it comes down to less than $10 pp if everyone throws in and is a nice gesture. Doesn't sound like they are going to do that for me which sucks. So I don't mind paying, but would be nice. I know I sound like a total B after saying that. it's not abut the money, it's more the thought. So now one of my bridesmaid's asked if her roommate can come with her so she has someone to drive with. I've met this girl before and really don't care for her. I'm going to pick my battles and not fight it. Then another friend wants to just come for 1 night and that totally screws up things with rooms and pricing.<strong> I really don't like how my MOH is putting these problems on me.</strong> I have a whole wedding to coordinate and when table assignments come I'm pretty sure I'll hate life after dealing with who to room who with just for 14 girls. My mom hasn't ordered our invitations yet and is going out of town on Monday for a week. I asked her if she could please try and place the order before leaving town. Then on top of everything I'm dissapointed in how Im not where I wanted to be weight loss wise. Just frustrating, I don't like all of the pressure. Ugh! Sorry for being so long!
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

I totally hear you on this. My FMIL and a few of my friends are stressing me out about the bridal shower, which was supposed to be a surprise! They totally ruined it when they started asking me all sorts of things about transportation, etc. My mom was PISSED when I was forwarding her emails from them asking about transportation. The point is not that I'm not going to help, but it's not my (or your!!!) job to organize these events! You should not be worried about the details of these events AT ALL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My WTF is my FFIL's said they would pay for half of the wedding with my parents when we got engaged, now the story has changed and me and my FI are stuck paying for their half with my parents. I don't like people who back out on what they say and now my FMIL is adding people and their plus 1's and my FI doesn't say anything!  Sorry lady if your not paying i don't think you should be adding people and their plus 1's. I know I sound like a total biotch but i don't think it is fair since they said they were going to pay since the beginning now all of a sudden there is a change.

K888- Tell the lady who is going to Portugal that there isn't much to see there. lol. I have been there since I was a kid, I am portuguese, and although it is beautiful nothing compares to the good 'ol USA. lol. I hope things get resolved for you and you don't have to spend a ton of money on a florist.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9a42fe39-8829-4d37-bc42-ad4022cb417bPost:6cad67c8-9fc6-4609-839f-98fb9ce10460">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday!!! : I totally hear you on this. My FMIL and a few of my friends are stressing me out about the bridal shower, which was supposed to be a surprise! They totally ruined it when they started asking me all sorts of things about transportation, etc. My mom was PISSED when I was forwarding her emails from them asking about transportation. <strong>The point is not that I'm not going to help, but it's not my (or your!!!) job to organize these events! You should not be worried about the details of these events AT ALL.
    </strong>Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Aww, I'm sorry you're stressed too! It's a horrible feeling to feel like this about our own events. It brought me tears last night. I thought all of these pre-wedding parties were supposed to be fun for us brides. I thought we were just supposed to "show up" to these events and have a great time. Now I feel like in addition to planning a wedding I'm planning my bachelorette party and part of my shower too! I almost wish I didn't have these events at all if I would have known how stressful they would be for me. I know these events will be a blast once they arrive, but getting there is starting to drive me crazy.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lvissers - It's so true. I'm so thankful that something was "planned" for me, but then it's like, you're ruining the fun by making me stress about the details of something that I'm NOT EVEN HOSTING!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9a42fe39-8829-4d37-bc42-ad4022cb417bPost:b83a1d96-69be-45c1-88ab-34fd6a263923">Re: WTF Wednesday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] K888- Tell the lady who is going to Portugal that there isn't much to see there. lol. I have been there since I was a kid, I am portuguese, and although it is beautiful nothing compares to the good 'ol USA. lol. I hope things get resolved for you and you don't have to spend a ton of money on a florist.
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

Bahahaha... you totally made my day 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    @butterfly- Thanks girl. I'll keep everyone posted. what sucks most is that I feel like we wouldn't be stressing nearly as much if everyone hadn't given us all these earlier dates that they were "sure" of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards