Pennsylvania-Central

Lancaster Host

Has anyone had any experience with the Lancaster Host? I have been trying to get a hold of the reception director for a week and a half and am having no luck. The place looks exactly like what we are looking for and I am sad that I can't get details on the place. Does anyone know any place that may be similar to it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lancaster Host

• edited December 2011
    Did you try the Eden Resort?

I hated when I tried to get ahold of a vendor and they don't return your calls. It really makes you think how their communication is during the planning.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would possibly try Cork Factory, Marriott, and Eden.  Those are reception venues that have rooms on premise.  :)  Which from my experience is wonderful! 

From my experience Host when we were looking was a bit dated.  However their prices seem good. 

We used Marriott...and the price per head is what you pay for everything (tax, gratuity, 5 hour open bar, 5 course meal, cocktail hour, room for bride and groom).  There is no extra fee to rent the space, except if you wanted to do your ceremony there.  The only price differences are when you order a higher priced entree.  The salads and hors d'oeuvres stay the same!

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I had my reception there 7 years ago (first wedding) and it was seriously fantastic.  however, that was 7 years ago and a lot can change. 

• edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the Host!  It's beautiful but yes, a bit outdated.  We're using the Vistas sunroom which is all windows.  They also have a grand ballroom downstairs, which is massive.  Keep trying to get a hold of Jenny.  Once you get a hold of her, she is fantastic to work with.  She answers all of my random questions, and the Host is really cost effective :)
  • ladylisoletteladylisolette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eden or Willow Valley would be my suggestions....
  • edited December 2011
    HerbiePens410 - I did finally get a hold of Jenny and she truly is wonderful to work with and we are having our reception at the host as well. It was worth the wait and the price is very reasonable. We also chose the Vistas room- definately the most updated section of them all and should be beautiful for a brunch reception! Thanks for all of your advice and comments!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards